Poll: Please give me the lowdown on...

Thread: Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. St. Louis Blues!

I...am your father.

Default Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. St. Louis Blues!

This year my "Lowdown" feature in the Fantasy Guide (https://www.dobbersports.com/shop) will be 100% reader-influenced. I would love your help determining which players to dig deep on and give my thoughts as to their immediate and long-term futures. Typically I stay away from the obvious superstars that will just take up valuable space (why should I tell you that Sidney Crosby is good - didn't you know that?). I also stay away from pure prospects that have in-depth profiles in the Fantasy Prospects Report, since three-quarters of the Guide customers also get the FPR (via the Keeper League Pack). What's left are the guys who are more of a question mark. The tough decisions.

We'll take the Top 2 players voted here and put them in our Facebook poll to get the final guy. Anaheim (Montour wins over Kase!), Arizona (Dvorak wins over Galchenyuk!), Boston (DeBrusk wins over Heinen!), Buffalo (A TIE! Reinhart tied Thompson so I guess I'll have to do TWO lowdowns for BUF!), Calgary (Lindholm over Bennett!), Carolina (Faulk ekes past Rask), Chicago (DeBrincat wins over Schmaltz!), Colorado (Girard wins over Jost!), Columbus (Dubois wins over Milano!), Dallas (Honka wins over Lindell!), Detroit (Svechnikov wins over Athanasiou!), Edmonton (Puljujarvi wins over Klefbom!), Florida (Matheson baaaaarely gets past Bjugstad 51% to 49%!), Los Angeles (Kempe over Toffoli!), Minnesota (Eriksson Ek over Coyle!), Montreal (Domi over Drouin!), Nashville (Fiala over Turris!) are already in the books, and the NYI and NYR polls are up NOW so check them out and vote https://www.facebook.com/DobberSports/

Today's poll - the St. Louis Blues. Please vote!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. St. Louis Blues!

Fabbri for me. Looking forward to hearing if he still has the same upside or do the injuries kill his value.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

*says quietly and completely unheard* Perron...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The new guy.. O'Reilly!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Not sure why all the votes for Fabbri - what's there to go on really? I have a lot of faith in Dobber, but to me predicting what Fabbri will do amounts to educated guesswork at best. I'd be much more interested to hear about Parayko, and what Dobber now thinks about his trajectory.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

how real are the knee concerns moving forward to Fabbri reaching his ceiling? Blowing it out in camp a second time is awful stuff. that's why I chose him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

I selfishly voted for Fabbri but I wish I had voted for Vince Dunn also. Came out of "nowhere" and has made an impact. Does the incursion into the PP continue? Who is this guy?...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I voted for Dmitri Jaskin... he has had so many chances... is this his final chance or does he make something happen this year?

Dobber Sports Monster

Fabbri is a huge question mark this season. Need to know the details about his injury progress and risk, and, if he is back to health, what kind of player he might be.

On a slight tangent here because I know we are talking about the lowdown section, but I must say the injury section of the Dobber mag is one of the most important to me. I find injury news gets buried unless it is major, and it's very easy to forget if the injury was easy to rehab, how long it would take, if the player was able to train at full capacity in the offseason, etc. I don't think the difference between 'will be ready for training camp' on one hand, and a player who heals up soon after the season is over and can train all offseason on the other hand, is emphasized enough in mags. If a player has an injury and doesn't get training until training camp, I want to know that, but very few magazines go that far. I count on this mag to get me the news on offseason rehabs and any injuries I may have forgotten about because the player was shut down in late March.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Fabbri for me as well!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oh man, If only Fabbri was out for another season I'd roll Parayako for sure.

So many question marks surrounding Fabbri though.
    Fabbri