Was curious if anyone here in Ontario (or Canada if the plans work anywhere) could recommend a good phone company or plan for mobile internet (doesn't have to be LTE) where you can basically just buy a SIM card, get a couple gigs of data for a month or however long, and shut it off whenever you need to. I don't need a plan with any kind of capacity for text or calls, my focus is solely on data.

I have a good plan with Public where I get 4.5 gigs/mo for 40 dollars, but when I am at the cottage I use my phone for all internet access and, well, 4.5 doesn't get me by. I have a dual SIM in my phone so I thought why don't I see if I can get a couple more gigs (anywhere from 2 to 6 gigs I'd look at) with another company for a few months in summer, then shut it off until next year. (btw, I have thought about getting a second sim with Public but when I tried to post about it in the official forums the thread was deleted, so I dont think they're fans of people circumventing their regular data add ons by getting a second sim)

Does anyone else do that, or if you just have a good data plan, which company do you use?