Thread: Another trade - I?ll rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Another trade - I?ll rep

I?m being offered Stamkos, Drouin and a 6 (2018) for wheeler and kopitar. Wheeler will be my 3 year guy going into next season and Kop was likely to be my 1. Stamkos is expiring, but I can sign him to 3 basically. Drouin has 2 years left, but problem is I can still only keep 1 of patches, Rakell and Drouin. Rakell has no contract, patches has 1 year remaining. Buy out fee is 50$ per year. The other gm is basically saying he?ll only move stamkos if I take Drouin back. Hard pass, or would you counter offer? I like the idea of a younger Stamkos as a 3 vs wheeler, but I do worry about goal drop from stammer and injury risk. Drouin is a total wild card, and given patches is more goal heavy I think i?s Rather keep him and turf Drouin. If the best set up is still Barkov, benn, Wheeler, kopitar and then Boeser (rookie) with no extra picks I can do that too. Please advise!
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Another trade - I?ll rep

I'd take Stamkos over Wheeler for 3yrs and just drop Drouin to keep Rakell. I'm not a fan of Drouin in Mtl. I'd want a better pick where I'd have no plans of keeping Drouin. Using the argument of giving up 2 90pt forwards should help the cause.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd take Stamkos over Wheeler for 3yrs and just drop Drouin to keep Rakell. I'm not a fan of Drouin in Mtl. I'd want a better pick where I'd have no plans of keeping Drouin. Using the argument of giving up 2 90pt forwards should help the cause.
    That's true, and thoughts on Kopitar? Stammer's injury history doesn't worry you at all/goal drop? What pick would you ask for to take that contract? And if I were to try and sign Rakell, I'd have to buy out of Patches. Just seems steep to pay 150$ is all with Patches and Drouin buyouts.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    That's true, and thoughts on Kopitar? Stammer's injury history doesn't worry you at all/goal drop? What pick would you ask for to take that contract? And if I were to try and sign Rakell, I'd have to buy out of Patches. Just seems steep to pay 150$ is all with Patches and Drouin buyouts.
    whoa.. you have to pay $50 for each player buy out? I'm not sure that was mentioned in previous threads (I know it was said above, but it wasn't clear like that) - that's a game changer

Dobber Sports Pro

whoa.. you have to pay $50 for each player buy out? I'm not sure that was mentioned in previous threads (I know it was said above, but it wasn't clear like that) - that's a game changer
    Well in a scenario where I keep Rakell and still have Patches and Drouin, yeah I'd have to pay 150. No one seems to high on Patches anymore, I don't think he'd be a terrible 1 year guy, but at minimum i'd have 50-100 bucks of buyout.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Great One

I have no idea if your buy out is real money or part of your league somehow? It's virtually impossible to give advice when the details of your league are so vague.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I have no idea if your buy out is real money or part of your league somehow? It's virtually impossible to give advice when the details of your league are so vague.
    It's real money, I can share whichever extra details are needed. I thought I had the basics in my signature, but I understand it's complicated.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There is no way I pay $50 to take Drouin.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    There is no way I pay $50 to take Drouin.
    The best offer so far seems to be Drouin, stamkos and a 4th (2018) plus will pay half of drouin?s buyout, for wheeler and kopitar. Then I would have Barkov (4) stamkos (3) benn (2) Boeser (rookie) and either patches or Rakell as 1. If I keep patches, I avoid having to buy out of 1 year or him too. I?m also getting offered a 6 in 2019 for Dubois, by 1 team, oe a 5 in 2018 for both Rakell and Dubois..I wasn?t going to be able to carry Dubois over anyways as I?ve alreay got Boeser, and as I said, I was only going to be able to keep 1 of Rakell, patches and kopitar. If I move kopitar and Wheeler, I?ll sign stamkos and then just need to figure out what to do with my 1. Drouin I could try to flip for cheap, but no guarantees i?s Be able to. I don?t mind so much spending 50$ and getting the best ?keeper? in stamkos. He?s 3.5 years younger than Wheeler.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

the upgrade to Stammer isn't worth the money or the hassle. I mean Wheeler just put up 90pts... Soooooooo much simpler and cheaper to just run with what you got. If you don't do the trade - it only costs you $50 to buy out Patches and Keep Rakell right? why not just do that?

Dobber Sports Pro

the upgrade to Stammer isn't worth the money or the hassle. I mean Wheeler just put up 90pts... Soooooooo much simpler and cheaper to just run with what you got. If you don't do the trade - it only costs you $50 to buy out Patches and Keep Rakell right? why not just do that?
    I?m looking at it from the standpoint that wheeler is turning 32, so 3 1/2 years older than stamkos and more assist heavy, and my league is more goal weighted. And I still can?t keep Rakell if I buy out patches because I?ve got kopitar. Can?t keep everyone.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax