Thread: How did I do?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default How did I do?

League in signature.

I posted a poll on here about who I should take with my third overall. PL Dubois came out on top of players like Zadina, William Karlsson, JT Miller, Radulov and Kovalchuk. I am competiting now and because of that, I was going to go with the masses on here and draft PLD (even though last year he was ranked the 125th best skater last year) with my 3rd overall.

In case it matters to you for this thread, Radulov was 40th last year, W. Karlsson 43rd, Miller 66th, and Zadina and Kovalchuk were not ranked obviously.

Anyway, I have decided to trade the 3rd overall instead of drafting with it and I was able to get Pavelski, a 2nd and 3rd. Pavelski was ranked 32nd last year and better than anyone available in this years draft (other than the 25th ranked Dustin Brown).

How did I do? My 3rd overall for Pavelski, a 2nd and 3rd.

I still feel I can get some of the other guys mentioned in the 2nd (I have 2 now) and it would not shock me if I still land PLD and Miller.

The Great One

Default Re: How did I do?

One of these years the bottom will fall out from Pavelski, but probably not for this season and perhaps not even one or two more, so probably you did well, especially if you're competing to win now.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Win now, great deal. Could try to trade a 2 n 5 to get back up in the first.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Sage

I think you got the best player available for this upcoming season. I look for Pavelski to start no where near as slow as last year. Sure, father time is coming for him but I don't think he catches him this year. The picks are gravy, good trade for you.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't hate the deal but still would have drafted JT Miller. Maybe you will get lucky and he will slip to you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't hate the deal but still would have drafted JT Miller. Maybe you will get lucky and he will slip to you.
    That’s what I thought too, but the poll from this thread
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...69#post1899269
    had JT Miller as an afterthought.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think we see a bounce back with Pavs a bit this year - closer to 70pts with an revved up excited E. Kane. It's a good deal... (now to make a light hearted comment on the linked thread I missed previously)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I probably would've taken Karlsson, but I never even read that thread because of the title - so for me it was attention deflecting. I don't buy the guide, as I only play in free leagues, thought it was something about the guide.

I like the Pavelski deal, and you might get Miller, or someone else very useful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Smooth move
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I probably would've taken Karlsson, but I never even read that thread because of the title - so for me it was attention deflecting. I don't buy the guide, as I only play in free leagues, thought it was something about the guide.

I like the Pavelski deal, and you might get Miller, or someone else very useful.
    So much for my click-bait title. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Smooth move
    Thank you.