Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Re-signed] Jusse Saros

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: [Re-signed] Jusse Saros

Can't understand why his agent agreed to the 3 years. He may be the best back up in the league. Either way, he is worth more than the 1.5 ave.

Dobber Sports Novice

For 3 years? That is definitely a great deal.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This could be unreal value id Rinne isnt extended when his deal expires next summer.

Surprised Saros didn't take a 1yr deal because of this.

Time will tell I suppose. Maybe they all know something we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Re-signing Rinne to an extension at his current AAV looks pretty doable now.
    They know what Doug knows. PR isn't going anywhere for 3 years and I traded him like an idiot, thinking this would be the year Saros would start to eat away at him... He is 35+ so injuries could come into play, but this contract screams: you're not starting anytime soon. Man.... I don't like it at all for Saros owners. Yikes.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    They know what Doug knows. PR isn't going anywhere for 3 years and I traded him like an idiot, thinking this would be the year Saros would start to eat away at him... He is 35+ so injuries could come into play, but this contract screams: you're not starting anytime soon. Man.... I don't like it at all for Saros owners. Yikes.
    +1. I traded for Saros this weekend. Now I am reaching out to the Rinne owner before his extension is announced.

Dobber Sports Sage

+1. I traded for Saros this weekend. Now I am reaching out to the Rinne owner before his extension is announced.

Dobber Sports Master

It was the cute play, instead of the safe play. I suppose those always come back to bite... It could turn out completely differently, but this deal very much suggests there is another 2 years of Rinne ahead.. Dammit.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

It was the cute play, instead of the safe play. I suppose those always come back to bite... It could turn out completely differently, but this deal very much suggests there is another 2 years of Rinne ahead.. Dammit.
    I find the cute play works a lot of the time. That's how I built my monster team, 100 trades and most were on the cute side.
    However, you are correct on this one. Tried to buy Saros low in anticipation of Rinne's departure. So now I'm going to buy low on Rinne before people start putting 2+2 together. Not a huge wanker trade though, I'm in a dynasty and Saros is still going to be a premier G.

Dobber Sports Sage

Got Rinne for Lehner and Tippett. Problem averted. That's a prime example of the safe trade.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Got Rinne for Lehner and Tippett. Problem averted. That's a prime example of the safe trade.
    and the rich get richer... tell me again why people keep trading with you?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    and the rich get richer... tell me again why people keep trading with you?
    I'm just a swell guy, I suppose. Why do girls keep sleeping with me even though it's no secret I am a man about town?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm just a swell guy, I suppose. Why do girls keep sleeping with me even though it's no secret I am a man about town?
    they want to know why... not sure that reasoning works in a hockey pool
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

There is some risk, if Rinne doesn't sign (but he has to, right!?) or if Lehner has a great season (what are the odds?), but I do like the deal for you.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well, that's easy - it's BECAUSE you're a man about town, and there's a wrod ont hat street that it's good thing to do.

I cannot begin to fathom why trading with you would engender the same feelings. Hmmm, did it go down like this:

"If you want Rinne, I need a goalie back, plus something else."
    "How about Lehner?"
    "Well, he's okay I guess. What else will you give me? It's got to be good"
    "How about just the Tippett?"
    "Okay, just Tippett."
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

His first name is Juuse, not Jusse. Not the first time I've seen it written incorrectly...

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I am I selling Saros short. I have always seen him as Jonas Enroth part II. Am I being 'size-ist'? I have lots of short friends. I like short people. LOL

Enroth was the young 5'10 back up to perennial all-star Ryan Miller. Before that, he was the starting goalie for the Swedish U20, played in net for Sweden as a teenager then for the national team in his 20's. I see Saros as following this same path (only Finnish) and I somewhat discount him as a future NHL star. It certainly is not fair to just call him Enroth and that is that. Saros is his own person. Am I way off?

Tell me what to think!!
    This is how I feel as well. I hope he proves me wrong but his name value seems too high for me.

Dobber Sports Master

His AHL and NHL sumber suggest he is a very talented goaltender. Laviolette does not really hesitate to use him. The only thing standing in his way is Rinne's contract (and his excellent play over the last 12 months). Goaltending is the funny part of the sport. It can be so stable and so volatile all at once. No two experiences are the same. Saros's contract suggests he is nowhere close to starting, but not his play. Same for Rinne. His contract and age suggest he is close to leaving, but not his play, but it's the play that has become so unpredictable from year to year. The way things ended in the playoffs, perhaps there is a crack in the door for Saros. He is talented enough to do it, just needs the opportunity. I don't think he compares to Enroth at all.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin