Thread: Pesce?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Pesce?

Hello guys!

I'm not sure what to make of Pesce at this point. Will he ever put up offensive numbers or is he a 20-25 point overall solid defenseman? If anyone who sees Carolina play more than I do can enlighten me, I would be grateful!

Thank you!

The Great One

Default Re: Pesce?

I think he is what you see; plus, this isn't a guy who lit it up in college nor does he shoot the puck a lot or create offense. Maybe he tops 30 points once or twice in his career either if he's lucky or lands on a team that scores a ton such that the rising tide lifts all boats (including his).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Pesce imo is a really good underrated dman irl but not great for fantasy purposes. Id say maybe he has potential for a few more points if he gets paired with Dougie but for now pree much what you see is what you get with Pesce. 20ish points, not great for multi-cats outside maybe blks.

Dobber Sports Genius

I cut bait with Pesce in a deep salary cat multi-cat dynasty league after his ELC expired. I don't watch a lot of Hurricanes games but Pesce looks to be a really good NHL Dman, however, he looks like a 'meh' fantasy player.

He puts up 'some' points. He has shown he can be a + player. He was given SH time at young age. He does block shots regularly. All this said, he is not going to be on the Hurricanes PP. He is not a PIM monster. He is not a big hitter. He is not a high volume shooter. This all adds up to an average-at-best fantasy player.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd say time to cut him. Slavin-Pesce have been one of the best overall pairings in the league and were shutting down everything in sight up to the end of last season. Pesce has real world value and Carolina did really well locking them down to those contracts (Slavin $5.3m, Pesce $4m) but Dougie Hamilton changes everything.

Faulk is almost certainly on his way out and now I can't help but wonder if a Hamilton-Slavin pairing is coming.

Seems to me Pesce will be paired with De Haan, TVR or one of the young kids.

Either way, his value offensively was never going to be that great. Now it's even lower I'd imagine. Slavin on the other hand could actually end up seeing his fantasy value come closer to his real world value