Quote Originally Posted by quantaloup View Post
Galchenyuk :

I think Galchenyuk's problems into developing into the player we thought he would become are two-sided.

A) Attitude problem. Perhaps the "star" life in Montreal might have affected this and perhaps it's going to be different for him in the desert, but ultimately, I think he might need to become more professional and dedicated. Not sure to which extent this is true, just basically repeating the opinion I have come across in articles/twitter feed/etc, but at least it speaks.
B) Montreal's development of players. Man do they have problems turning good prospects into great players. When was the last time this happened? Subban/Price are products of the 2000s. There is a very heavy "team" approach in Montreal that, I don't know, feels like it's preventing players from developing individually as solid point producers for their fantasy owners.

Ultimately, this guy has a new shot in Arizona. They will put him in a position to succeed, I'm sure. Not sure how long the leash will be, especially with the amount of interesting prospects in Arizona, but it's a fresh start and a new opportunity to see what he can do.

Puljujarvi

This guy went from a sure-fire mega star in the NHL to a possible flop in a very short period of time. I still believe this guy has all he needs to succeed. It's up to him, really. I think Edmonton will also give him a shot on good lines. As you said, his upside remains very high, but his floor is dangerously low.

Who would I pick for next season? Galchenyuk, no doubt. After that, I really don't know. I always try to win as soon as possible and not look 2-3 years in the future much, even in keeper leagues, so I would take Galchenyuk on my team before Puljujarvi (or happily trade my Puljujarvi for his Galchenyuk).

- Rob
Very nice analysis. Good post brother