Thread: Pavelski

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Pavelski

What do you guys think of Pavelski going forward for a keeper league? He's 34 years old. How many years does he have left in the tank? Apparently he played the first half of the season injured and he turned it on when E. Kane came over. How do you see him producing this coming year and for the following two years?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Pavelski

He's not who I would be looking at in a keeper league personally. At 34, his most productive years are behind him. Last two seasons he was 68pts and 66pts. Nothing to scoff at, but not the high 70's he achieved a few years earlier than that. I wouldn't be surprised seeing him lock down 65 points again this year, and decline from there. Talented and consistent, but I would rather shoot for a high upside younger keeper if possible.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Pavelski is one of my favourite players. So much so that I watched NBC's celebrity golf tourney yesterday just to watch him.
    Pavelski finished 3rd, btw.

Pavelski takes very good care of himself and his game is mostly generated through his hockey IQ.
    He doesn't have spectacular hands or skating, both are very good.

It's very possible he plays until he is 40... which we'll know once we see his new contract.
    He's the type of player that hockey-GMs crave, and there's a good reason he became the C of the Sharks.

I think he'll get a 6yr x $7m deal from SJ... and I think he'll play it out at a 70-70-65-65-60-55 clip.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lazertag View Post
    What do you guys think of Pavelski going forward for a keeper league? He's 34 years old. How many years does he have left in the tank? Apparently he played the first half of the season injured and he turned it on when E. Kane came over. How do you see him producing this coming year and for the following two years?
    I don’t know your settings, but Pavelski shot-rate went down quite a bit when Kane got traded there. He’s a quietly dwindling asset and I’d be looking to trade him soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Pavelski and think he can stay at his current rate for another three years at least, if not more. The guys was a late bloomer and just because he's past the age of 30 when most fear fantasy assets, Pavelski seems to get better with time, like a fine wine. If you are competing over the new few years, he's certainly one to own.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Pavelski is one of my favourite players. So much so that I watched NBC's celebrity golf tourney yesterday just to watch him.
    Pavelski finished 3rd, btw.

Pavelski takes very good care of himself and his game is mostly generated through his hockey IQ.
    He doesn't have spectacular hands or skating, both are very good.

It's very possible he plays until he is 40... which we'll know once we see his new contract.
    He's the type of player that hockey-GMs crave, and there's a good reason he became the C of the Sharks.

I think he'll get a 6yr x $7m deal from SJ... and I think he'll play it out at a 70-70-65-65-60-55 clip.
    I caught the last 3 holes and Joe was quite impressive. He made an amazing aproach on the 18th for a chance at an eagle to go to a playoff with Romo but missed the 5' (guessing) putt.

Dobber Sports Genius

I dunno I think Pavelski is going to packer in early to make a run at the Web.com tour.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram