Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do I do with the 1st overall

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: What do I do with the 1st overall

Quote Originally Posted by guinan13 View Post
    Sorry, I totally forgot to explain the setup.
    12 teams keeper, keep 23 1way, illimited 2way, draft 7
    Weekly lineup (10FW, 5D, 2G) with NHL salary cap
    Goal (1pt); Assist (1); RegWin (2); OT/SO Win (1);

So I've actually no roster space problem and no cap problem.

The minute I've won the lottery, I've made it clear that the 1st overall was available.
    The 3rd option is a limited offer because he's trading Palmieri to another GM. The draft is in september so I'm not in a hurry.
    Yes my goalies are so-so but it cost an arm to get goalies in this league and they are the position who give less point.

It's the same guy who have the 3rd and 4th and he made it clear I won't get the 3rd cause he really want Pettersson.

I'm waiting for an offer of the 5th.

My best case scenario would be to drop 2nd and the Pettersson or Dahlin + an asset.
    He's already mentioned the guy who owns the 3rd OA doesn't want to trade that pick. The other GM clearly wants both, Dahlin AND Pettersson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: What do I do with the 1st overall

Als_revenge:
    It will be only our second year in that league so some nice assets has just been forgotten (shame on me, but after 25 rounds, sometime you forget who still there).
    The other guy will not trade me the 3rd cause he know I'll take Pettersson (assuming he'll take Dahlin with the 1st). Its assuming the 2nd will take Svetch.

Penwing7:
    I understand the concept but I'm still sceptical that Dahlin will be a 75pt dman (if I thought so, I would draft him at 1st).
    At 75pt we talk of a top 2-3 def in the league...
    My actual assumption is that he will be more a 60pt dman. Its really nice, but if i can get an extra asset (whatevef it is) AND Pettersson or Svetch, why not?
    10 teams keeper, keep 23, draft 5
    Weekly lineup (10FW, 5D, 2G) with NHL salary cap
    Goal (1pt); Assist (1); Win (2); SO (1)

FW : J.Tavares, M.Stone, S.Aho, C.Giroux, E.Kuznetsov, V.Tarasenko, M.Tkachuk, B.Marchand, T.Meier, J.Huberdeau, M.Hoffman, N. Gusev, E. Staal, H.Borgstrom, V.Kravtsov, J.Veleno, E.Tolvanen, C.Keller, M.Barzal, J.Roberston, A.DeBrincat, V.Podkolzin, G.Denisenko, A.Kaliyev

D : K.Yandle, S.Theodore, M.Rielly, O.Klefbom, R.Josi, R.Pulock, J.Walman, H.Jokiharju, C.Makar, N.Hagues

G : MA.Fleury, J.Gibson, C.Hellebuyk, E.Merzlikins, F.Gustavson, I.Sorokin