Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crazy hand to determine the final table at the 2018 WSOP Main Event

Dobber Sports Star

Default Crazy hand to determine the final table at the 2018 WSOP Main Event

Crazy. KK v KK v AA. Ten handed.

Rylant

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Crazy hand to determine the final table at the 2018 WSOP Main Event

Love that the one guy who had KK in the same suits as the AA guy was something like 0.0000037% to outright win the hand, i.e., a straight flush to either of his kings.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow!!! thanks for sharing that is intense.

in 10 handed pocket kings has got to be a confident hand to play... ouch!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Wow!!! thanks for sharing that is intense.

in 10 handed pocket kings has got to be a confident hand to play... ouch!
    Which one!

Any math geniuses have the odds of seeing this in 10 handed?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Monster

Was a sick hand. I hope Cada can pull off the victory. He won this tournament back in 2009. I believe he was the youngest to ever win the Main Event.

Dobber Sports Deity

That was awesome. I won't lie, as horny as people get with AA, I hate having a pair of aces in my hand. I usually seem to go heavy with them and usually get beat with trips, a straight or flush. Something always ruins my pair of aces.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Crazy hand considering 2 of the players went on the Final Table of 9. How dumbfounded the two players with pocket K's must have felt. Ouch.

I'll take pocket A's anytime. Anything can happen but sometimes you just have to try to prevent it by overbetting early.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lmfao

Feelsbadman for the two guys.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Love that the one guy who had KK in the same suits as the AA guy was something like 0.0000037% to outright win the hand, i.e., a straight flush to either of his kings.
    Ya that is so bad. He could have also split the pot with a King high straight, but...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Was a sick hand. I hope Cada can pull off the victory. He won this tournament back in 2009. I believe he was the youngest to ever win the Main Event.
    Ya I really like Cada. He was the youngest WSOP main even winner and that still stands. His game has come a long way since 2009 when he beat Darvin Moon. The problem is that Cada only had like 29 million in chips and I think the blinds are 400k/800k with a 100k ante. Michael Dyer has 156 million in chips and the second highest is Manion with 72 million. Joe Cada has 3 WSOP bracelets and I think he is the best of the 6 remaining players, but Dyer is going to be tough to beat.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

What a terrible call by Labat. I can see not putting Zhu on aces. But once there is another all in for 85% of your stack how do you not lay down kings. Brutal.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Which one!

Any math geniuses have the odds of seeing this in 10 handed?
    Not a math genius, but I figured out something similar to this once. I think it's 1 in 70, 689.

Math:

For first KK hand in a 10 hand game:
    Odds of any given hand is 1 in 221 (4p2/52c2). There's 10 people around the table, so x10. Basically, in 10 hand Hold'em someone's getting KK once every 20 hands.
    = 1/22.1

For second KK hand:
    1 (other kings are gone, so there's only one possible hand of kings left) / 50c2. There's 9 possible locations for this hand, so x9.
    =1/136.111

For someone else having AA:
    4c2 (still four aces available, and we only need two of them)/48c2. X8
    =1/23.5

Multiply it all together to get 1/70689.
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    Not a math genius, but I figured out something similar to this once. I think it's 1 in 70, 689.

Math:

Odds of any given hand is 1 in 221 (4p2/52c2). There's 10 people around the table, so x10. Basically, in 10 hand Hold'em someone's getting KK once every 20 hands.
    = 1/22.1

For second KK hand:
    1 (other kings are gone, so there's only one possible hand of kings left) / 50c2. There's 9 possible locations for this hand, so x9.
    =1/136.111

=1/23.5

Show off.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    What a terrible call by Labat. I can see not putting Zhu on aces. But once there is another all in for 85% of your stack how do you not lay down kings. Brutal.
    I don't see how anybody can get away from Kings in that position. What are you afraid of? Aces? Ten handed, if one of those guys has Queens and the other has AK, Kings are huge. The only time I would EVER fold Kings pre-flop, is if I was certain somebody else has Aces. You WANT to be all in for all of your chips with Kings. That's how you get a monster stack. You can't fault him for his play.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post

Math:

= 1/22.1

For second KK hand:
    =1/136.111

=1/23.5

Says "Not a math genius" ... proceeds to prove how he is a math genius ... lol nice work