Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questions for Comish?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Questions for Comish?

Anonymous wrote:
    I remember there being talk of a minimum games played by goalies. I looked around and couldn\'t find whether anything was made official, but I remember the number 35. I\'m just wondering because if this is in effect then that number is quickly becoming relevant to me.
    Here was the text of the email I had sent:

\"An issue has come up that I feel we need to be very clear on. I am going to include in the rules that there be a minimum 25 games played for the goaltender spot. If you don\'t meet the minimum games, you will be placed at the bottom of that category.

It is not my intention to have someone start no goalie or a single start and then bench your goalie and still win a category. It\'s false to say that you had the best GAA based on no or very few games.

The NHL has a minimum games played to qualify for certain stats to make them LEGITIMATE. I don\'t see any other way to deal with this so that it people can benefit from NOT putting a player in the lineup.\"

There was an addendum (sp?) to that; for every game under the 25 minimum, you will be penalized. The exact method is being worked on. One guy (sorry I forgot the name) mentioned 60.00 GAA per game, I countered with 10.00, but I truly don\'t understand what impact that has on the GAA. I need to do a little research before I can properly assess the severity of the penalty. The penalty should fit the \"crime\". I will get back to everyone.

Thanks Anonymous for bringing this up again, it saves me from letting it go until it\'s too late and someone gets completely pissed at me! Cheers and advanced congrats on your 1000th post!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Comish,

How is the draft going to work next year? The rules don\'t apply to year 1 as they are written.... I guess the top two playoff teams can pick 1-2, but after that the tier system doesn\'t go into effect yet...
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ace

pensfan wrote:
    Hey Comish,

How is the draft going to work next year? The rules don\'t apply to year 1 as they are written.... I guess the top two playoff teams can pick 1-2, but after that the tier system doesn\'t go into effect yet...
    This is a good question that I\'d also like to know. What is the difference between playoffs and regular season? When do playoffs start? Is there a trading deadline? etc....

I have a rough idea of some these answers, but I\'m looking for definite answers.

Thanks Comish.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Guru

Russ! Draft order!

I\'d love to be able to tell folks that my 30th place finish will translate into a top 5 pick, but somehow I think I would be burning 2 years worth of karma in doing so!

The Magnificent One

good question ultra!!!

also how does the playoffs work. is there a playoffs? or just the winner is added up from the points over the course of the season..the answer could be in the rules someplace but it came up in convo with another manager so just figured id put it out there just in case others were wondering as well?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Giant

Here\'s some portion of the rules Russ sent us about the playoff:

Teams will be seeded 1-16 as follows: The A league will be seeds 1-6, B league 7-11, C league 12-15 and the Wild Card will be seed number 16. The first round will be 1 v 16, 2 v 15, etc. Teams will be reseeded after each round (best vs worst).

Playoffs will be total points with reduced rosters. Forwards and Defensemen will score one point for each goal or assist and Goaltenders will count two points for each win with an additional two points for each complete shutout (no shared shutouts).

Prior to each round, teams still alive will declare a playoff roster for that round. In the first round you will declare your starting roster of 11 Forwards or Defensemen and 1 Goalie. For the second round, teams still alive will declare 9 F/D and 1 G. Third round will be 7 F/D and 1 G. In the final round, teams will declare 5 F/D and 1 G. Yes some teams will have more players than other teams.
    Sure the first paragraph won\'t apply this year as the tier system will kick in only next year. However, I recall Russ saying that this year it\'ll be top 16 teams.

Here\'s what Russ said about the draft:

The two Playoff finalists will draft first (the winner) and second (runner-up) next season. The two new teams in the C league will draft third and fourth. Then it will be winner of the C league (regular season), followed by the winner of the B league and then the winner of the A league. The rest of the C league will then draft from best to worst record. Then the B league, best to worst and finally the A league, best to worst. If the winner of the C league also wins the playoffs, they do not get two draft picks. They will keep the highest slot and the other slot will be skipped in the draft order.
    I\'m pretty sure that the winner and the runner-up from the playoff will still draft first and second. After these two, I guess Russ will come back to us with an answer.

To answer Nehithaw\'s question about a trade deadline, here\'s what I found:

Our trading deadline will be the closest date allowed by Yahoo AFTER the NHL trading deadline. There will be no trading during the playoffs.
    Hope this help for now, but I\'m sure Russ will show up soon with some answers for us.

Dobber Sports Guru

many thanks, Chic. newper and i were talking about that earlier.. i must have missed or forgotten about that email.

just to be certain, all that is taking place during the actual NHL playoffs? so i should stop building my team around the edmonton oilers? (hoot hoot hoot!)

Dobber Sports Giant

NP buddy!

Yes our playoffs will take place at the same time as the real playoffs.