View Poll Results: Who am I taking 3rd overall?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zadina

7 17.50%
  • Brady Tkachuk

0 0%
  • Getzlaf

4 10.00%
  • JT Miller (C,RW)

3 7.50%
  • PL Dubois (C,LW)

10 25.00%
  • Radulov

4 10.00%
  • Kovalchuk

1 2.50%
  • Kyle Palmieri

0 0%
  • William Karlsson (C,LW)

6 15.00%
  • Simmonds

0 0%
  • Tom Wilson

0 0%
  • Ryan Johansen

0 0%
  • Dustin Brown

0 0%
  • Kyle Connor

3 7.50%
  • Dumba

0 0%
  • Muzzin

0 0%
  • Jake Allen (53 non-conflicting starts)

0 0%
  • MA Fleury (57 non-conflicting starts)

2 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dobbers Guide Will Be A Day Late (Not really)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Dobbers Guide Will Be A Day Late (Not really)

Thank you attention grabbing title. Dobbers guide will indeed be a day late as my draft is being held on July 30th...1 day before his guide comes out. I do not know what to do. I pay for his Ultimate Fantasy Pack as well as a FHG subscription, but the data will not be available to me when I pick 3rd overall. It is a slow draft (two months long), so for all my other picks I should have their knowledge and support to my benefit.

This is where I call on this glorious forum. League in my signature. I have the third overall pick and want to win this year and every year after.

Who would you guys take? Dahlin and Svechnikov are going 1 and 2, so they are out.

*Please note that I could win the majority of my skater categories even if all my players teams get shutout for the week and do not even get one single point as 5 of the 9 skater categories have nothing to do with my player actually scoring.

I will set up a poll but these are who I consider my options (in no particular order) at 3rd overall:

Zadina
    Brady Tkachuk
    Getzlaf
    Pierre-Luc Dubois (C,LW)
    JT Miller (C,RW)
    Radulov
    Kovalchuk
    Kyle Palmieri
    William Karlsson (C,LW)
    Simmonds
    Tom Wilson
    Ryan Johansen
    Dustin Brown
    Kyle Connor
    Mikael Granlund (C,RW)

Please vote on who I should take. Any comments would also be appreciated. I will rep every comment.

*Granlund didn?t make the poll but oh well.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dobbers Guide Will Be A Day Late (Not really)

I edited your title to remove the click baiting. No need of that.

You should be able to filter out a lot of those names on your own without our help. Would you really draft Kyle Pamieri, Dustin Brown, Tom Wilson over most of those names????

I would take one of JT Miller or Dubois. I'd be happy with either guy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Palmieri, yes I would with my scoring categories. Maybe I’m wrong but I will wait and see. I agree with Brown and Wilson, but the poll can’t hurt. This forum gives the best answers and will filter out the weak.

Dobber Sports Expert

PLD gets my vote.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I edited your title to remove the click baiting. No need of that.

You should be able to filter out a lot of those names on your own without our help. Would you really draft Kyle Pamieri, Dustin Brown, Tom Wilson over most of those names????

I would take one of JT Miller or Dubois. I'd be happy with either guy.
    If you want to edit my title more, go ahead. “Please vote” would work.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I voted JT Miller... he is likely on the top line for Tampa and Tampa I fully expect to be one of the highest scoring teams in the NHL next season.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I voted JT Miller... he is likely on the top line for Tampa and Tampa I fully expect to be one of the highest scoring teams in the NHL next season.
    Or found in Ottawa

I will vote for Zadina. Think he's going to be a gem.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd prob go Zadina or Tkachuck hoping they play less than the 82 games so I could stash them in the minors at seasons end. If I wanted to strengthen scoring I'd go Mik Granlund. If I wanted to own banger stats I'd go Simmonds. JT Miller and PLD are also solid selections.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Legend

Zadina.
    Kid is going to be a goal scoring machine. Take him now or you'll regret it. Tarasenko 2.0.

Dobber Sports Titan

I've played in a very similar league the last couple of years, and won it the last three years because of three main things. Wingers that can hit and take face-offs, defence that hit, block AND shoot, and having more starters than anyone else.
    My league was a 10 team league, so I was able to stockpile four starters, and won wins and saves every week, usually winning at least one of the goalie avg cats too.
    Hits, blks, fws I lost maybe twice for each single category all season last year. SOG I was winning most weeks since my forwards were decent, but I also had shooting defencemen. +/- is always a wash.
    So last year I lost one week all season. and my average win was something like 9-2.
    Defence you can get some good bargains in the middle rounds. You already have two solid goalies, and in a 12 team league once you have three workhorses you should be okay. So I would target the multicast forwards early.
    As a result, Miller, Dubois and Karlsson would be my first three choices. I think you will have one or both of Miller and Dubois slip to round two, so my choice would be go Karlsson in round one, and grab your other multi-cat winger in round 2.

Curious what other goalies there are available? Because I could see an argument for Fleury as one of your first two picks.
    (Target Raanta in round 3 if he's still around.)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I've played in a very similar league the last couple of years, and won it the last three years because of three main things. Wingers that can hit and take face-offs, defence that hit, block AND shoot, and having more starters than anyone else.
    My league was a 10 team league, so I was able to stockpile four starters, and won wins and saves every week, usually winning at least one of the goalie avg cats too.
    Hits, blks, fws I lost maybe twice for each single category all season last year. SOG I was winning most weeks since my forwards were decent, but I also had shooting defencemen. +/- is always a wash.
    So last year I lost one week all season. and my average win was something like 9-2.
    Defence you can get some good bargains in the middle rounds. You already have two solid goalies, and in a 12 team league once you have three workhorses you should be okay. So I would target the multicast forwards early.
    As a result, Miller, Dubois and Karlsson would be my first three choices. I think you will have one or both of Miller and Dubois slip to round two, so my choice would be go Karlsson in round one, and grab your other multi-cat winger in round 2.

Curious what other goalies there are available? Because I could see an argument for Fleury as one of your first two picks.
    (Target Raanta in round 3 if he's still around.)
    There isn’t enough rep or praise in the world for this post as this is my first ever H2H league so the pointers are very welcome.

Goalies that are available are Lundqvist, Markstrom, Smith, Howard, Varlamov, Fleury, Raanta, Allen, Halak, Anderson, Bishop, Lehner, Reimer, Luongo, Schneider, Grubauer and Hutton to name a few.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    There isn?t enough rep or praise in the world for this post as this is my first ever H2H league so the pointers are very welcome.

Goalies that are available are Lundqvist, Markstrom, Smith, Howard, Varlamov, Fleury, Raanta, Allen, Halak, Anderson, Bishop, Lehner, Reimer, Luongo, Schneider, Grubauer and Hutton to name a few.
    Given the goalies you already have, you can wait for the second goalie rush. I imagine those who keep 1 goalie will get their second goalie in the first couple of rounds, then it slows up, then picks up a few rounds later. That's usually how it goes in my partial keeper league experience. There will be a few goalie horders that grab their 3rd early on, but don't reach on your 3rd guy unless theres someone proven who's slipped a lot more than they should have.

I voted Karlsson. I think you can get some good young gambles later on. In a keep 8 I wouldn't focus on your minors system out of the gate unless it's a can't miss guy...if you're not a Karlsson believer I'd still go for someone proven who can help you right out of the gate.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Very close voting so far. I have handed out every rep I was allowed to.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd probably take W.Karlsson, but man, in a league with hits, I'd be tempted to take Tom Wilson with my second pick (obviously depending on who was still available).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Best player to win this year and next couple would be Radulov.

Long-term, I'll take Zadina.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.