Thread: Thoughts on Nikita Kucherov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Thoughts on Nikita Kucherov

Kuch had a phenomenal season last year and reached the century mark. Year before he had 85 points in 74 games.

Digging deeper however and looking at his quarter by quarter performance, its evident that he played lights out Q1 (he and Stammer showed the league how its done!). Q1 Kuch clocked 17G 16A in 20 games. Q2-Q4 he comes back to Earth at 9, 7, 6 goals and 16, 17, 12 apples in 21, 21, 18 games. this still puts him at a point per game pace consistently, but nowhere close to what was achieved at the beginning of the year.

What do you guys think? Does he settle back at slightly better than point per game pace? We know he's a stud, but did we just see the career best season or can he repeat/come close to the 100 point season?
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

The Great One

Default Re: Thoughts on Nikita Kucherov

He's a superstar, and superstars get white hot for at least part of the season. It'll happen again and he'll flirt with 100 for 2018-19, at least that's what I'm thinking.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

I see scoring on the rise in the NHL the past few years. I am not sure if we just saw his career best or not. None of us can answer that for you. I do think with scoring up, he should be able to come close to what we've seen and continue around that pace but that's just me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think he repeats. Q2 & Q3 are where I would pencil him PPG wise if you average it out over a season which is around 1.15 PPG ish. You're looking at a consistent 90-100 points a year.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kuch is a stud and I have no problem pegging him for another 90+ season on a dangerous Tampa offense.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The best part about Kucherov is that he doesn't ever miss a tonne of games... which is always beneficial if you are looking for a repeat 100 point season!

Dobber Sports Monster

I noticed the big spike in production in the first quarter as well. I think he will slightly regress but he's still a top 3, if not a top 2 forward in points leagues. So talented and has great support around him. The outlook for him looks good nonetheless.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Glad I put it out there and happy to see some strong feelings that a repeat or close to is doable. I'm with Stuntman, Tampa squad is so strong and with Kuch firmly locked in a top role with near 20min TOI and 3min PP1 time, he can easily hit 90 again as such a talented player.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree with the others. 90+ is a good number to expect on a consistent basis for the near future. Guy is a stud and Tampa should continue scoring 380+ goals.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Legend

Kucherov will flirt with 90-100 for the foreseeable future.
    He'll score a PPG in his sleep.
    Kid is insane great.

Dobber Sports Genius

Out of the 26 week schedule he was a little sheepish on weeks 14-18 but otherwise, he was lights out good. Started great, ended great. Maybe chalk it up to mid-season fatigue or complacency.

Not much to worry about - I think he has a 92-95 point season in him.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.