Thread: Yet another jabroni (me) wanting help with final keeper selection... (please)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yet another jabroni (me) wanting help with final keeper selection... (please)

Hey guys,

As you can see in my signature, I have a nice dilemma for my #10 keeper. I also don?t like to protect D-men unless they are elite players.

I used to have Matt Murray as keeper #10 but I traded him to get the 2nd best odds at either Dahlin or Svechnikov and I lucked out (will draft Dahlin).

Since I like rolling the dice for my final keeper, I need some help on a few players that I like and I see breaking out that I currently own but won?t be able to protect any but one.

J.Saros = Nashville is his team down the line, but when? Very good potential but small goalie.
    T.Demko = Move Markstrom get out the way, just get out the way, get out of the way. Future elite NHL goalie? Great size & skill. Bad team short term though.
    J.Puljujarvi = Once it clicks for him he?s gonna be a monster, but will it? Will he fulfill his potential and will he ride McShotgun?
    M.Sergachev = If Tampa didn?t have Hedman and he?s be on the PP1 unit, he?d be the guy.
    M.Duchene = I guess.....

Other option, pay a mid-round draft pick for a guy like Morgan Rielly (Will he be PP1?).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Yet another jabroni (me) wanting help with final keeper selection... (please)

In your sig you have B. Burns listed as a potential keeper?

If that's an option, that's your choice. Next would be Keller (if that's an option)

From your list you've provided I would go with Duchene. He's the most proven player on your list and had a great 2nd half after being traded (posted close to ppg numbers)
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Yet another jabroni (me) wanting help with final keeper selection... (please)

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    In your sig you have B. Burns listed as a potential keeper?

If that's an option, that's your choice. Next would be Keller (if that's an option)

From your list you've provided I would go with Duchene. He's the most proven player on your list and had a great 2nd half after being traded (posted close to ppg numbers)
    I was CERTAIN I had updated my sig and clicked on save but apparently I hadn't.

Fixed.

PS: Burns is long gone.

Duchene 1 ... everyone else 0.

Thanks!

Original draft was 2015
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)

Dobber Sports Genius

If you are keeping Vasilevsky and Rask then that has to mean Saros and Demko are not reasonable options. That leaves Sergachev, Duchene, and Puljujarvi. Sergachev is a sheltered D man that won't light those settings on fire - cross him off the list. This has Duchene as the safe play and Puljujarvi as the 'homerun'. Puljujarvi is still a couple of years away (don't you think?) from being a solid fantasy performer.

That has you picking... Duchene, I guess.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Titan

I just don't like Duchene. So I won't vote for him. Have never owned him in any league, and I think I'm better off for it based on the acquisition cost.
    Demko is a few years away from his value going up, because as we saw with Helle, the goalie needs to be ready AND the team needs to be decent. Saros will see his value spike greatly at the end of next year, but he's probably still only getting 30 starts this year.
    Sergachev is either behind Hedman, or traded to Ottawa. Very high ceiling but years before he reaches it.
    My vote is Pulj. You're thinner on RW, you like rolling the dice with your last guy, he has BOOM potential as early as this October. Checks all the boxes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I really wouldn't want to keep 3 goalies, as much as I like Saros. Demko also, but he's behind Saros for me,a s he's less proven.

That leaves:
    J.Puljujarvi = If he gets McDavid's wing, he can bust out big.
    M.Sergachev = If he goes to Ottawa, he an bust out big.
    M.Duchene = Most proven, but also somewhat flaky.

I think I"d take Duchene, or see if you can move him & one of the goalies for a better keeper. The Rinne owner might be interested.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Duchene pretty easily for me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I just don't like Duchene. So I won't vote for him. Have never owned him in any league, and I think I'm better off for it based on the acquisition cost.
    Demko is a few years away from his value going up, because as we saw with Helle, the goalie needs to be ready AND the team needs to be decent. Saros will see his value spike greatly at the end of next year, but he's probably still only getting 30 starts this year.
    Sergachev is either behind Hedman, or traded to Ottawa. Very high ceiling but years before he reaches it.
    My vote is Pulj. You're thinner on RW, you like rolling the dice with your last guy, he has BOOM potential as early as this October. Checks all the boxes.
    I'm leaning on this so far. I believe in Jesse P.

Original draft was 2015

10 Keepers

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd roll the dice on JP. Duchene must be looking around going holy f---!!??!! what have I asked for?!? and wondering if he should chat to Dorion about requesting a trade out of town
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4