View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your dynasty team?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pierre-Luc Dubois

17 94.44%
  • Travis Konecny

1 5.56%

Thread: Dubois vs Konecny

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Dubois vs Konecny

Which do people like more both short and long term, and what do you think their upsides are?
    Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hit, Blk, STP

Last year Dubois had LW, C eligibility in ESPN. Since LW is listed as his primary he will probably continue to have both for a few years.
    Last year Konecny had C, LW, RW eligibility in ESPN. Since C is listed as his primary he will probably at least have that plus whichever wing(s) he actually plays for a few years.

Perhaps name a comparable player for each that you think represents their upside, as well?

Rep for detailed and interesting answers that address multi-cat considerations, not purely scoring. Thanks!

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Dubois vs Konecny

Both guys will be in my week three cage match tournament, so if you can wait until then you'll see what the vote tell you. From my vantage point, I'm going with Dubois because Panarin got hot once he was put with Dubois, so chances are they stay stapled together and points will come to Dubois in droves. Dubois is also on PP1, and although Konecny should have the inside track to stay with Claude and Couturier at ES, he's likely destined for PP2, which, although improved since it will have one of Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, or JVR also on it, still won't hold a candle to PP1.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Both guys will be in my week three cage match tournament, so if you can wait until then you'll see what the vote tell you. From my vantage point, I'm going with Dubois because Panarin got hot once he was put with Dubois, so chances are they stay stapled together and points will come to Dubois in droves. Dubois is also on PP1, and although Konecny should have the inside track to stay with Claude and Couturier at ES, he's likely destined for PP2, which, although improved since it will have one of Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, or JVR also on it, still won't hold a candle to PP1.
    Pretty much sums it up for me too.

Konecny could float up and down the lineup from time to time where as PLD is pretty much cemented himself as one of the top centers on CBJ.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

PLD was drafted higher than Konecny and has higher upside than Konecny. As already mentioned he is one of the main guys in Columbus whereas Konecny is a secondary option behind the big guns in Philly and I don't think will see any PP1 time in the near future.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dang this one is close.. I think ill lean Dubois though , based on the fact that he's gonna be their 1C now and for the future. Whereas Kone may not always be on the top line.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Dubois for 60-65 this year assuming a full season with Panarin on his wing.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

PLD
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dubois and I am a bit of a Konecny fanboy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket