Which 2 are you keeping out of

Schneider
    M. Smith
    Ward
    Lundqvist

League counts W's, GAA, & Save %
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Keep 2

Schneider
    Lundqvist

These are the only two that I have good faith will be NHL starters in 2019-2020.
    Smith turns 37 in March and is UFA next summer. Calgary has no reason to keep him with their G prospects ready next year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Schneider
    M. Smith
    Ward
    Lundqvist

As P7 mentioned... these are the only two that will likely be starters for the season.

The Great One

Unless I'm missing something Mike Smith is still the #1 in Calgary, no? And Schneider did essentially lose his job last season. Also, with Vigneault gone the Rangers will likely open up their offense, which could mean more Wins for Henrik but also worse peripherals. I'm going with Smith, then toss a coin between Schneider and Lundqvist.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Unless I'm missing something Mike Smith is still the #1 in Calgary, no? And Schneider did essentially lose his job last season. Also, with Vigneault gone the Rangers will likely open up their offense, which could mean more Wins for Henrik but also worse peripherals. I'm going with Smith, then toss a coin between Schneider and Lundqvist.
    This is my debate

Kinkaid took over near the end of the year, and there's a report out saying Schneider may miss the start of the season due to his hip? surgery recovery.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Initiate

Smith and Lundy for me if Schneids is out to begin the season and for how long. Otherwise Schneids and Smith. Kinkaid faltered in the playoffs, I think Schneider is still your no.1 go to guy and Jersey will have a bit of a fire after making playoffs. I prefer CGYs squad over NY and think Lundqvist may have worse peripherals on a now rebuilding Team.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Yes, Smith is still the starter and in the last year of his current deal.

Schneider didn't lose his job last year. Schneider was hurt and the Devils did the smart thing and ran with the hot hand in Kinkaid down the stretch. If anyone truly things that Schneider isn't the Devils starting goalie coming into this season is crazy (once he gets back from his off-season surgery).

Schneider and Lundqvist for me too, but as I just mentioned, Schneider will be slow out of the gate.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For me this all really depends on how competitive your team will be next year....

Schneider is the only for sure keeper on this list for me. Yes he only played 40 games last year but that was due to health not skill. Schneider is a name that has constantly been in consideration for team USA. He is arguably one of the top 10 skilled goalies in the world. From 2010 until 2016 he was in the .921sv% to .936sv% range. That means he was a top 3 or 4 goalie statistically in that range but because he was on bottom feeders he didn't win enough games to get that respect. At 32 years old, I have full faith we see multiple 55gp+ seasons with .917sv%+ out of Schneider. Be patient. This rumour that he is all done is just the fantasy world over reacting.

Then it's between Lundy and Smith....

Lundy is 36 years old but still signed for another three seasons. In the third year his salary dips to it's lowest at 5.5 million so I see him playing out all three years. This isn't like a Zetterberg or Hossa contract where they likely will have retired regardless of health due to salary breakdown in the final years only paying the 1Mil. That being said, the NYR are in a mini rebuild here and won't be putting up a 100pt season this year or next. The year after that I could see Lundy playing under 50gp. So Lundy is great in the sense that he is reliable for his .910-.915sv% and the odd win, but he is no longer a difference maker.

Smith only has one year left on his contract and at the age of 36 you have to wonder how much is left in the tank. He isn't elite like Lundy. He won't go until he is 39 but may have two years left of starters duty before he is a backup/retiree. That being said, Smith is much more interesting this coming season than Lundy. CGY had one of the best offseasons out of any team in the NHL. They now have a true top 6 that will feature Gaudreau, Monahan, Neal, Tkachuk, Backlund, and Lindholm. Third line of Frolik, Bennett and Ryan? Jankowski, Brouwer on 4th line + some good names to plug in as a 12th F.... I like that a lot. Plus we know the blueline is rock solid. I think CGY can surprise and have a 100pt season but they SHOULD atleast be in the playoffs.

Neither team predicts to have a backup that will push for games.

With that being said, I take Smith if my team is competitive this year. I think he gives you a better chance at winning than Lundy does.

If you aren't competitive, I still take Smith. Lundy is the better own over 2-3 years, but if you aren't competitive why does that matter? Lundy's stock is at an all time low because the Rangers have publicly announced a "rebuild". There is no short or longterm upside to Lundy anymore. He is a solid bench goalie for starts now. I think if you aren't pushing for the title, Smith is a great piece to keep. Wait until CGY gets warm and Smith's trade value will surpass Lundy's and you can trade him + for a younger goalie that isn't performing yet.
    10 Team - Limited Keeper based off Standings
    G (5 points), A (5), STP (1), PIM (0.3), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blks (.2), W (7 points), SO (7), Saves (0.2), GA (-1)

F:Laine, Eichel, Marner, Keller, Landeskog, Schmaltz, Skinner, Palat, Saad, Domi
    D:Karlsson,Fowler, Klefbom
    G:Talbot, Bishop, Schneider, Crawford
    Prospects:Dubios, DeBrincat, Tuch, Girard, Kerfoot

Keep 13 for 2018, For sure keepers in bold - maybe keepers italic
    2nd Overall Pick 2018

Dobber Sports Padawan

Lundqvist and Schneider easily

Dobber Sports Grand Master

1st thing is eliminate Ward. He doesn't deserve a NHL contract, honestly. He's able to consistently be one of the worst goalies in the NHL. There's no reason to play for that.

That leaves 2 of 3.
    Smith has value this year, and if he plays well enough, maybe some down the line. Likely not in Calgary, but maybe.
    Schneider has value this year, but will start late, and needs to hold off Kinkaid who showed he can lay well enough to split time.
    Lundqvist is likely the man for the next year or 2, but "How good will the Rangers be?" is a real question.

To me Schneider is one you keep, and you pick between Smith & Lundqvist dependng if you are all in on this year, or looking for a mulitple years of starting. If the Rangers or Calgary start hot, that's the goalie you want, but there's no way to know that right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Smith & Schneider for me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket