Thread: Drop Chytil for Thomas?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Drop Chytil for Thomas?

I am really high on Chytil due to the status of the Rangers (he should play significant minutes next year). I feel like the answer is a no brainier for picking up Rob Thomas but I'm just scared about where he fits in the lineup. What say you?
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Drop Chytil for Thomas?

Chytil has the better opportunity but I love Thomas as well. Could you drop someone else instead? Looks like you have Craig Smith, maybe drop him instead.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bye Craig Smith
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Should say that Smith is holding a place in my lineup due to having guys on IR. He will be gone once season starts.

Dobber Sports Stud

Find a way to keep both
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Seeing as you dont have a minors, I am not sure there's a right or wrong answer here. Both kids have excellent upside. Both could very well start in the minors this upcoming season though too.

I am not so sure that Chytil has a better opportunity unless the Rangers plan on moving him to the wing or making some deals. They already have Zibanejad as their 1C and just re-signed Namestnikov. They still have Kevin Hayes and Ryan Spooner waiting for new contracts. He would also have to battle with Zuccarello, Kreider, Buchnevich and Vesey on the wings for prime minutes as well. That's a lot of names in front, or at the very least, around him for him to get significant minutes (as you say in your OP).

Thomas might be able to snag a spot on the opening roster but again, if he does, it will be in a reduced capacity to start, probably on the 3rd or 4th line. A lot of good players in their system who might beat him out though and the Blues may want him to start off learning in the minors.

To me, I think both are simply holding down a roster spot for you and not contributing much based on what we know today for the upcoming season. I could also be way off and both could be solid contributors and competing for the Calder. As far as which one, flip a coin.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."