Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lehner Island

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Lehner Island

Let's not forget, it's not like Lehner is coming in as the incumbent starter. He's coming in and will compete with Greiss for playing time. I know, it's not like the competition is strong, but it's not like Lehner has been a pillar himself. If he was, he wouldn't be signing another short term, low money contract. Mitch Korn could come in and do wonders for Greiss' game too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Let's not forget, it's not like Lehner is coming in as the incumbent starter. He's coming in and will compete with Greiss for playing time. I know, it's not like the competition is strong, but it's not like Lehner has been a pillar himself. If he was, he wouldn't be signing another short term, low money contract. Mitch Korn could come in and do wonders for Greiss' game too.
    Yeah, it's easy to see a scenario where Lehner gets banged up early and Greiss gets some momentum. Lots of chapters still to be written in this story and each of them have an unpredictable outcome.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

[QUOTE=ericdaoust;1898908]It was a typo. Not sure.

So at best we'll see what we've already seen from him in Buffalo. Two out of his three years there were .920 or better. Maybe Trotz's system can help his year-to-year consistency but it's too early to go there because Lehner signed a one-year deal. Plus he didn't suddenly become durable just because he signed with a new team. He'll still miss his share of games. The only question is will he miss five games or 50?[/QUOTE]

Yes... indeed... that is a VERY relevant question. I expect what we've seen in Philly for years with 2 average potential starters that will volley back and forth depending on their previous games (I guess that's what we've had with Halak and ______ truth be told). That Clearly has NOT worked for Philly (man wouldn't they like Bob back) so I don't expect much difference for NYI. They're waiting on their stud coming up through the system.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Do you believe this or are you trying to convince yourself? While anything can happen, I'm not betting on Lehner. I've seen this show before...
    Quite possibly.

Dobber Sports Sage

Its a late round flyer or cheap trade that could really pay off. He was traded for a first round pick to arguably the worst team in hockey. The Sabres regularly iced an AHL D corps with Risto. Braden Holtby was mired in the deepest funk of his career when Trotz came in. Those results speak for themselves.
    Again, it's low-risk, solid reward from the fantasy angle. It's a fun speculative play.
    HB, this one would be a pretty big call. Plenty of sound reasoning behind the Lehner cynicism.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Its a late round flyer or cheap trade that could really pay off. He was traded for a first round pick to arguably the worst team in hockey. The Sabres regularly iced an AHL D corps with Risto. Braden Holtby was mired in the deepest funk of his career when Trotz came in. Those results speak for themselves.
    Again, it's low-risk, solid reward from the fantasy angle. It's a fun speculative play.
    HB, this one would be a pretty big call. Plenty of sound reasoning behind the Lehner cynicism.
    When Trotz came into Washington he was working with a much better core than what he's inheriting in New York. He's a good coach but even good coaches came only do so much with what they are handed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it's likely Trotz improves the Islanders defense, but probably not a whole lot this year, with lots of the same guys under contract. With lehner having a 1 year deal, it may pay off for you, but it's very likely the goalie who will reap the most benefits isn't currently on the roster.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Can't be more pleased with the results so far. He has been exactly as I expected.
    Anyone else on the Island? I bet it starts getting more crowded soon.

Dobber Sports Pro

Just picked him up, as I have been looking for a replacement for Smith.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Jedi

Can't be more pleased with the results so far. He has been exactly as I expected.
    He was a main target of mine in one pool, where we can only keep players for 3 years - As we're in year 3 - 90% of the top 100 players will be dropped. So getting him as a mid-round pick who I figured would be a top 10-15 starter by seasons end and a bona-fide G keeper - boom. I'm with ya.

- - - Updated - - -

He was a main target of mine in one pool, where we can only keep players for 3 years - As we're in year 3 - 90% of the top 100 players will be dropped. So getting him as a mid-round pick who I figured would be a top 10-15 starter by seasons end and a bona-fide G keeper - boom. I'm with ya.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm in on The Island. I think Barry Trotz defence lets in a lot of shots but not amazing scoring opportunities. Lehner looks better than Holtby.
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)
    20 Players (Keep 10) Dress 8 F, 5 D, 1 Utility and 2 G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, Shots, SHP, Hits, PIM, +/- W, GAA, SV%, Saves, SO

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen
    Rielly, Ekblad, Yandle, Giordano, Ekholm & Hanifin

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Star

He's been fundamental sound, not overplaying the puck...and he's BIG. He looks very solid so far. I also thought he would thrive here, especially with the additions to the coaching staff. Hopefully this back "tweak" doesn't turn into something, because the team plays well in front of him, he's been saying how much he likes being here and that it's a very tight-knit locker room. Not to mention it's just a feel good story to get behind a guy like him. As far as Greiss being the starter...I don't see it. I think Lou wants Lehner to thrive and he's a better goalie than Greiss.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Icon

hes been a good acquisition for me...and hes less than 2% owned in ESPN
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Lou knows goalies. As soon as she grabbed Lehner - the hockey world needed to take notice.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Awfully nice out here on the Island lately. He's won several in a row and his season SV % is .930, which plays in every league I know of.