Thread: Montreal plans to trade Pacioretty ASAP

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Montreal plans to trade Pacioretty ASAP

https://www.tsn.ca/report-habs-plan-...asap-1.1136289

According to the article Bergevin has let Pacioretty know that they will not try to extend him and they hope to trade him ASAP.

However someone at TSN was horribly wrong on the Karlsson has been trading pending league call news.... so take it for what its worth.

At least this is an article on TSN, not just a tweet.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Montreal plans to trade Pacioretty ASAP

We've been waiting for a while for this to happen already. Not sure what TSN is telling us here that we don't already know. Worlds worst secret, or is that Karlsson getting traded soon?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We've been waiting for a while for this to happen already. Not sure what TSN is telling us here that we don't already know. Worlds worst secret, or is that Karlsson getting traded soon?
    I believe the bigger story in this is the very direct remarks from MB about MaxPac that are new/confirmed "officially".
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

There goes what little bargaining power the Habs had. He'll get moved for 50 cents on the dollar in terms of talent, if even that much.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Do the Habs want 36 year-old Pacioretty skating around the Bell Centre making $8M+ ?? I would say probably not. If he is looking for dollars and term maybe walking away is actually the best for the Habs.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Do the Habs want 36 year-old Pacioretty skating around the Bell Centre making $8M+ ?? I would say probably not. If he is looking for dollars and term maybe walking away is actually the best for the Habs.
    That's fine but a good GM should be able to find a good deal to a team willing to give him an extension. Bergevin's track record is not very exciting.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    There goes what little bargaining power the Habs had. He'll get moved for 50 cents on the dollar in terms of talent, if even that much.
    This right here. Man... could Bergevin be a worse strategic GM? Maybe he can trade Pac Man to Edmonton for Reinhart and get that monkey off Chirelli's back.

Seriously... as a Leaf fan... I really could care less... but I have friends who are Hab Fans and I'm getting tired of always being forced to make fun of their GM and the moves that he makes. It's getting tiring!

And honestly... HE'S HORRIBLE and sinking what is one of the most storied franchises. Habs and Leafs should be strong together. I miss the REAL rivalry. Something that the Leafs took away for decades (due to management ineptness) and now that they've figured it out... Bergevin !!! (sigh...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I only guess he's come out and said it because 30 other teams already knew this.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I only guess he's come out and said it because 30 other teams already knew this.
    But who said it? Patches or Bergy? And why did Bergevin need to say ANYTHING about an extension. he's still under contract this year. Just seems so erratic and unprofessional. Everything he does.

Did 30 other teams 'know' it or had the media made 30 other teams think it? I often wonder what we would and wouldn't 'know' as fans if the media wasn't always trying to break the big stories before they happen.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    But who said it? Patches or Bergy? And why did Bergevin need to say ANYTHING about an extension. he's still under contract this year. Just seems so erratic and unprofessional. Everything he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Did 30 other teams 'know' it or had the media made 30 other teams think it? I often wonder what we would and wouldn't 'know' as fans if the media wasn't always trying to break the big stories before they happen.
    I'm grasping at straws here, all just guessing why a GM would tell the league he's not engaging in contract talk with his captain.

I'm grasping at straws here, all just guessing why a GM would tell the league he's not engaging in contract talk with his captain.
    Definitely not the best strategy one would think.

Dobber Sports Ninja

My guess? He's already explored most options and the potential return was less than favourable. So he's trying to get out ahead of it and lower expectations.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!