Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keeper League - Goalie Choices

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Keeper League - Goalie Choices

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would go with Gibson. He's the better goalie and he's cheaper. I also believe that Toronto is going to be significantly worse this year than last. Their 3rd best dman is a 37 year old Ron Hainsey.
    Not a leafs fan are ya?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Since your a Leafs fan I would keep Freddy. To me it’s about having fun and having guys from your home town team always makes it better. But I am a fun first, win second kind of guy so not sure that’s much help. I would rather compete with guys that I like then win with guys I hate LOL. Good luck man!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Besides that Gibson gets hurt to much for me and you might be wishing by mid season that you spent the extra 11 bucks

Dobber Sports Initiate

GLG! I'm keeping Fred. And drafting a top goalie available with greater periphs. Likely Quick to offset. Most GMs draft wins and end up muddled in peripheral cats around average. Fred all but gaurantees me 40+ wins, solid save % and hopefully improved to avg gaa. More wins, average stats, and more shutouts is more valuable than better periphs and prayers for a healthy season to get maybe 35 wins at best from John Gibs.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BranDOOM View Post
    GLG! I'm keeping Fred. And drafting a top goalie available with greater periphs. Likely Quick to offset. Most GMs draft wins and end up muddled in peripheral cats around average. Fred all but gaurantees me 40+ wins, solid save % and hopefully improved to avg gaa. More wins, average stats, and more shutouts is more valuable than better periphs and prayers for a healthy season to get maybe 35 wins at best from John Gibs.
    Where was the "plus it's more fun to root for my team's goalie?" Oh wait, I'm a Flyers fan, I understand why it's not in there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Where was the "plus it's more fun to root for my team's goalie?" Oh wait, I'm a Flyers fan, I understand why it's not in there.
    Haha I feel bad for you man. I really enjoyed watching the Flyers for a few seasons, but they just can't figure it out in net can they. I hear Mrs. Elliot will take over for Brian if he wants, lol. I will definitely enjoy rooting for my team's goalie, you've got that right!
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BranDOOM View Post
    Haha I feel bad for you man. I really enjoyed watching the Flyers for a few seasons, but they just can't figure it out in net can they. I hear Mrs. Elliot will take over for Brian if he wants, lol. I will definitely enjoy rooting for my team's goalie, you've got that right!
    Many of us fans really wanted them to try seeing if Bobrovsky could actually run with the job, but no, we couldn't do that, he was too young & inexperienced in the NHL. Trade him to COlumbus and get their castoff to be sporadically great & brutal. Ugh.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.