Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tavares offer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tavares offer

In a points cap dynasty. Been offered stone and mittelstadt for Tavares. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Tavares offer

where are you on the cap? what is the cap? is it 1g 1a? & how many per position?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    where are you on the cap? what is the cap? is it 1g 1a? & how many per position?
    Good questions. Important questions.

Without knowing these answers I would say Quality over quantity and the Tavares side. but with these questions it might change... and it also depends on what Stone gets in arbitration.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry guys, got distracted.
    4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G
    36 player roster
    I’m at the cap now but I’ll be dropping Leddy and zetterberg in all likelyhood. Minors roll in and out of the lineup.

g=1.5 (2.0 for d)
    a,shp=1 (1.5 for d)
    hit,bs,pim,shot=0.1
    ppp,gwg,+/-=0.5

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Cpedersen84 View Post
    Sorry guys, got distracted.
    4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G
    36 player roster
    I’m at the cap now but I’ll be dropping Leddy and zetterberg in all likelyhood. Minors roll in and out of the lineup.

g=1.5 (2.0 for d)
    a,shp=1 (1.5 for d)
    hit,bs,pim,shot=0.1
    ppp,gwg,+/-=0.5
    If you're at the cap with him - there's no reason to move him. Find cap-space elsewhere. Tavares has never played in a line up this stacked with talent. Keep JT.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with Luca, keep Tavares.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Good questions. Important questions.

Without knowing these answers I would say Quality over quantity and the Tavares side. but with these questions it might change... and it also depends on what Stone gets in arbitration.
    I stick by my answer. Especially if you can drop Zetterberg. You are not over the cap and do not need to move out his salary.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If you're at the cap with him - there's no reason to move him. Find cap-space elsewhere. Tavares has never played in a line up this stacked with talent. Keep JT.
    I’m heavy on centers with mackinnon, eichel, Tavares and scheifele. That is my primary reason for wanting to trade a big center. I figured he made the most sense with his cap hit and recent hype.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Cpedersen84 View Post
    I’m heavy on centers with mackinnon, eichel, Tavares and scheifele. That is my primary reason for wanting to trade a big center. I figured he made the most sense with his cap hit and recent hype.
    I'm not opposed to trading from a position of power for a position you're lacking, but trade a stud for a stud. I'd rather go 1 for 1 for a top end winger or d men depending on your teams needs.

The way this offer stands definitely keep Tavares. He may never be more valuable than he is to alot of people right now and stone / mittelstadt isn't the package I'd be looking for, it's not enough.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

Silly low offer. His value is at an all time high right now because of the unknown of him playing somewhere with better talent. Unfortunately, history has shown stats sometimes DECREASE when played on a stronger team due to less icetime, protecting leads more, etc
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Titan

He went almost straight up for Marchand in a cap league of mine recently. If you're moving him out, that's the kind of trade you need to make.
    (Different categories and setup and all, but you get the idea.)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Big Daddy

Keep Johnny T. There is a possibility of him putting up career numbers in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Keep Johnny T. There is a possibility of him putting up career numbers in Toronto.
    There's also a possibility of him retiring and becoming a travelling magician. You never know whats going to happen

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    There's also a possibility of him retiring and becoming a travelling magician. You never know whats going to happen
    You really think Tavares having a career year in Toronto is that far fetched? He?s going from having Bailey on his wing to a team that has 2 explosive offensive lines.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    You really think Tavares having a career year in Toronto is that far fetched? He?s going from having Bailey on his wing to a team that has 2 explosive offensive lines.
    Historically, players going to a better team post WORSE or comparable individual numbers. Players tend to post their career offensive numbers on teams where they see all offense flow through them. More icetime, all PP time, protecting a lead means playing more carefully as opposed to always trying to score because you are behind, etc etc
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G