Thread: [Re-Signed] Ryan Strome

The Great One

Default [Re-Signed] Ryan Strome

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...62428811018240 ("Ryan Strome's two-year extension with the #oilers carries a $3.1M AAV")

I'll make my prediction - that will the highest AAV he'll ever earn over the course of the rest of his career, i.e., he will fail in Edmonton, probably get a one year contract for his next deal at sub-$1M and then be out of the NHL, all by age 28.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Re-Signed] Ryan Strome

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...62428811018240 ("Ryan Strome's two-year extension with the #oilers carries a $3.1M AAV")

I'll make my prediction - that will the highest AAV he'll ever earn over the course of the rest of his career......
    Thats a bold prediction for sure. I think that he will have a good year in the final year of the contract and get another similar contract. With increasing salary cap every year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

3.1... Chia re-enters the race for most incompetent GM .. mind you a very weak re-entry. Any chance Strome's combined points from last year and this upcoming season will match Eberle's output from 17/18?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Maybe Chia feels like the hot streak that Strome finished last season on will carry over to this year?

I mean sure, that would make more sense if he had the Strome that had 8pts in his last 10 as opposed to the one that had 3 points in his last 16, but NHL GMing is hard and confusion is bound seep in from time to time...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Deity

Strome could have filed for arbitration, which he chose not to do. The Oilers were going to qualify him considering what he cost them in the first place so you knew he was getting $3M at the very least because of this. $3.1M for two years isn't that bad considering he's their 3rd line center.

Was anyone calling Doug Armstrong incompetent when he signed Bozak to a 3yr deal worth $5M per season for Bozak to be their 3rd line center?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Strome could have filed for arbitration, which he chose not to do. The Oilers were going to qualify him considering what he cost them in the first place so you knew he was getting $3M at the very least because of this. $3.1M for two years isn't that bad considering he's their 3rd line center.

Was anyone calling Doug Armstrong incompetent when he signed Bozak to a 3yr deal worth $5M per season for Bozak to be their 3rd line center?
    Apples and oranges. Bozak was UFA, and I don't think they had traded for O'Reilly at that point. Plus, Bozak is a better player. I'm not saying I love Bozak's 5M deal, but I probably like it more than Strome at 3m.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Apples and oranges. Bozak was UFA, and I don't think they had traded for O'Reilly at that point. Plus, Bozak is a better player. I'm not saying I love Bozak's 5M deal, but I probably like it more than Strome at 3m.
    Personally i dont have an issue with either deal, which from what I can read is just the opposite from you. You dont like either deal, There's your apples and oranges.

Strome costs half as much as Eberle and scores half as much but the bonus is he is a decent 3C. Plus by only giving him a 2 yr deal, they avoided Strome hitting UFA status when this deal ends. I dont see the issue.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Strome is the most overrated NHLer this decade.

Dobber Sports Stud

Strome turned the corner in the second half and I feel he settled into the 3C role nicely. I see him having a 20-20 type season next year and hopefully improving his pk ability. He will be one of many bounce backs on the oilers roster that will result in them making the playoffs
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Master

I didnt think edm would qualify him but would welcome him back at a 2.0-2.5 mil range aav short term deal after he became UFA .

I suppose their cap crunch isnt as critical as I had assumed.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Strome turned the corner in the second half and I feel he settled into the 3C role nicely. I see him having a 20-20 type season next year and hopefully improving his pk ability. He will be one of many bounce backs on the oilers roster that will result in them making the playoffs
    Bounce back?? The kid has never bounced!

Dobber Sports Stud

If you evaluate him higher than what he is, that is your fault. Not Ryan’s.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Strome is the most overrated NHLer this decade.
    That's a bit strong. He has 60 points in 55 career AHL games and in 2014-15 had 50 points in 81 NHL games as a 21 year old. He turns 25 next week. There is still some untapped potential there and is worth the financial risk, at least in my opinion (mostly because it's not my money! lol).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Again, he's a 3C. Most 3C's in the league are in the same ballpark for salary. Some are a little less, some are a little more. Not an issue.