Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cary Price trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Cary Price trade

I am in a 14 team salary cap league:

My goalies currently are Vasi, Bishop, Price, and Demko

I got an offer for Price today and obviously his 10,5 contract is well gross.

Is this offer enough? Price for Duncan Keith, 1st round pick ( should be top 4) and Jay O'Brien

I can hold Price for the year I won't be in cap trouble until next season, just want to make sure I get enough in return for him or should I hold out for a better offer.

Different team than the one in my signature but, my forwards are stacked just trust me on that. My D currently are Ghost, Doughty and Shatty, needing 1 more D spot.

Will Keith rebound? i would be happy with 40-45 points with his salary. Basically I am hoping that 1st is a stud, I only know of Hughes in the draft don't know anything about the rest, good draft in 2019?

and with O'Brien i get a boom or bust prospect ( I am a Flyers fan so hope im not being bias by taking him as a little bit of value back)

what are your thoughts?
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Cary Price trade

What categories? What scoring system? How many goalies do you start?

The answers to these three questions will play a huge difference in my answer!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Sorry about that forgot categories are W SV% GAA ans SHO for forwards its G A P PP +- Hits

we start two goalies daily not weekly- H2H league
    Ghost, Keith
    Tkatchuk
    B:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Starting 2 goalies daily then I take a good long look at the game maximizer tool that will become available on this site and see how many games you will get started from Price.

But right now, I do not make that trade. He his at the ultimate low value so wait until his value increases.

IF you can mazimize the games you start with having those three goalies then you should be able to have a good season.

Also, if Price has a really good couple weeks to start the season his value for a trade will be way better than it is right now.

Not to mention, the value of price should be higher than Keith's and I only see Prices getting better in comparison to Keith's

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JRA View Post
    I am in a 14 team salary cap league:
    Is this offer enough? Price for Duncan Keith, 1st round pick ( should be top 4) and Jay O'Brien

I can hold Price for the year I won't be in cap trouble until next season, just want to make sure I get enough in return for him or should I hold out for a better offer.
    I don't think it's enough, unless it's a 2018 pick and you are waiting on lottery results, but I think it's a 2019 pick, and that means it could be anywhere. Regarding the bolded, you need to wait long enough to get a decent return, but not so long, that you get crap or nothing in return. If you could get a prospect back that was drafted this year that you like enough,t hat might sway me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I realize Price's contract is gross, but this is the WORST time to sell him because you are selling low. You say you can afford him short term, that's what I do and hope he hits the ground running next year and THEN you sell when his value is on the way up, not when it's as low as it is right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I don't think it's enough, unless it's a 2018 pick and you are waiting on lottery results, but I think it's a 2019 pick, and that means it could be anywhere. Regarding the bolded, you need to wait long enough to get a decent return, but not so long, that you get crap or nothing in return. If you could get a prospect back that was drafted this year that you like enough,t hat might sway me.

Yes the pick could be anywhere but im positive it will be a top 4 selection..
    Ghost, Keith
    Tkatchuk
    B:

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I realize Price's contract is gross, but this is the WORST time to sell him because you are selling low. You say you can afford him short term, that's what I do and hope he hits the ground running next year and THEN you sell when his value is on the way up, not when it's as low as it is right now.

I agree with all of that... my worry is Montreal is absolute dumpster fire and no Weber for 5 months... I agree I hope his value increases but where is his help?

I am going to reject the Keith, Jay O'Brian and the 2019 1st ( very likely top 4)

I HOPE you are right Axeman!!
    Ghost, Keith
    Tkatchuk
    B:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by JRA View Post
    I agree with all of that... my worry is Montreal is absolute dumpster fire and no Weber for 5 months... I agree I hope his value increases but where is his help?

I am going to reject the Keith, Jay O'Brian and the 2019 1st ( very likely top 4)

I HOPE you are right Axeman!!
    LOL! I always hope I am right when I offer advice.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

LOL! I always hope I am right when I offer advice.
    If it helps (and I'm sure it doesn't..), I'd agree with the advice as well!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by KaKoW! View Post
    If it helps (and I'm sure it doesn't..), I'd agree with the advice as well!
    Always nice to know you have others who concur.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Always nice to know you have others who concur.
    I'm with Axe on this as well, but I'm a little biased as I own Price in one of my salary cap keepers!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with the others that this isn't enough. Bit for some different reasons. I agree with you about trying to get rid of price and the cap hit. I agree his value may decrease even more this year. But, the return isn't enough. I also don't trust bishop to stay healthy.
    Is it possible to get a lower end (depends on perception) G back like a raanta? If the deal was say raanta + Keith (or comparables for both) + a pick and I'd be interested

Dobber Sports Recruit

I?m also a Price owner, goalie stats that we keep in our 30 team dynasty are W, Sv%, GAA. Would you trade Price for Nolan Patrick + Kravtsov?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Playing Devil?s Advocate here:

1. Montreal is broken right now, why should they be any better this year? Webber out for extended time to start the season bodes poorly for Price.

2. Curious what he could have gotten with a top 4 pick. I bet there were better players available. Price was great; he is still very good, but his best years are probably behind him.

3. This is a cap league, I would love to saddle some other GM with that salary of Price.

4. Duncan Keith also is past his prime but the poster said he needed D. He could do worse and I think Chicago will be better than last year.

5. Price is a constant injury risk. It?s true his value could go up but he could also get hurt and lose trade value

I am not trying to say the points raised by other posters are not valid, just providing a different viewpoint. I would have counter offered Price for Keith plus 1st and a couple minor sweeteners.

The core idea of this trade is good imo. Just needs to be a touch sweeter.