Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weber? Another 6 months

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Weber? Another 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    If he retires early is Montreal on the hook for the cap space? If so, they're going to be in cap space hell for the next 8 years. Carey Price's new contract is just starting at 10.5 aav. Now if Pricer doesn't turn it around then I don't know what to think anymore. I suppose landing Jack Hughes would cure the pain.
    https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/...rs-Offer-Sheet

Heres a link from a few years back that explained the potential Cap-Recapture penalties that could be handed out with a chart attached. I could be REALLLLLLY bad for Nashville if he did retire early.

At this point I don't see him hanging them up but if he does with a season or two remaining.... Ouch!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow if Weber retires, NSH would be so ****ed lol

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Nashville is on the hook for the cap hit if Weber retires.
    That?s such a bizarre oddity of the CBA - I wasn?t aware of that.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Montreal being such a historic city and team in addition to Weber being a proud guy he will continue to try to play. However everyone saying he's only 32 years old, hasn't been paying attention to how quick this league can pass you by these days. He will basically have two years where he hasn't been able to play or train how he would like.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

That would be the final F u to Nashville "Thanks for trading me"
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Wow if Weber retires, NSH would be so ****ed lol

Dobber Sports All-Star

Regarding his age, to compare, Ovechkin 32, Crosby 31 (with a few concussions), Malkin 32, Kessel 31, Wheeler 32, Kopitar 31, Kane 30, Radulov 32, Backstrom 31 etc. I don't see any of these guys retireing in the next 2 years.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Regarding his age, to compare, Ovechkin 32, Crosby 31 (with a few concussions), Malkin 32, Kessel 31, Wheeler 32, Kopitar 31, Kane 30, Radulov 32, Backstrom 31 etc. I don't see any of these guys retireing in the next 2 years.
    People really don’t understand play related aging curves.

There are reasons Joe Thornton, Matt Cullen, and Nick Lidstrom can play until 40 while players like Lucic, Kesler, and Seabrook are cooked by the time they reach 30

Dobber Sports Genius

Good list but there are also good players from the past who saw themselves pushed out do to an increasingly faster game or injuries... Vincent Lecavalier, Brad Richards, Danny Heatly, James Wisniewski, Derek Roy, Martin Havlat, Johan Franzen.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    People really don’t understand play related aging curves.
    I do get it and i'm sure most members on here get it.

This was only the 2nd time in his 13 year or so career that he has missed more than 4 games in a season. The last time was 10 years ago. Malkin, Kane, Jagr and others have missed more than that.

I don't think his play has had that much of an effect on his body just yet. He is still 6'4 and 230 lbs after all.

Dobber Sports Padawan

News Flash, not every 32 years old body is gonna be the same ...

Dobber Sports Stud

There are reasons Joe Thornton, Matt Cullen, and Nick Lidstrom can play until 40 while players like Lucic, Kesler, and Seabrook are cooked by the time they reach 30
    Strange to think Lindros breaking Thornton's jaw probably extended his career by 5-7 years and helped him use his vision on the perimeter more lol.

Thornton before that jawbreaking punch in 2004 was a rough power forward type SOB, getting suspended regularly, driving the goal and having his knees clobbered, shoot first and get into goal scoring position mentality. Mind you he had his jaw wired shut and kept playing despite the broken jaw, but he had to be more careful that year after due to the pain of any sudden vibration kinda causing agony to a mending jaw and as such began using his playmaking more.

We knew he was a superstar, but Little did we know he would become one of the greatest playmakers of all time. If he scores 30 more points in his career, he comes into 15th in all time scoring. 20 more assists and he surpasses Gordie Howe in all time assists. Freaking incredible given the low scoring era he plays in. Everyone ahead of him on the list except Gordie Howe played primarily in the high flying odd man rush era where lots of players scored 100 points a year and the leading scorer was scoring 160-200
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

I do get it and i'm sure most members on here get it.

This was only the 2nd time in his 13 year or so career that he has missed more than 4 games in a season. The last time was 10 years ago. Malkin, Kane, Jagr and others have missed more than that.

I don't think his play has had that much of an effect on his body just yet. He is still 6'4 and 230 lbs after all.
    Well. Games missed really and injuries really don’t have anything to do with it so.....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yes, eight more years, but only $30 million owed, I believe. So an average of $3.75 million a year. He starts to get paid $6 million a year in the 2018-19 season, and there's no more signing bonuses. So we're now at the stage where he is making much less than his cap hit.
    So you're saying he's ripe for a trade to Ottawa? #ownerissues
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

Well. Games missed really and injuries really don’t have anything to do with it so.....
    I guess I don't understand. Can you elaborate please?