Thread: Turris vs Bjorkstrand

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Turris vs Bjorkstrand

I am in a 31 team dynasty league where we keep our players as long as they do not become UFAs in the NHL. We have 18 skater plus 2 goalie lineups with benches up to 5 players plus farm teams. We use the NHL salary cap as well as NHL AAV for our players. The league counts G, A, +/-, hits, blocked shots, takeaways, PP TOI, PK TOI and face offs (% and wins but only for centers). My team finished 4th in the regular season last year before losing to the playoff champion in the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row. I expect to be one of the teams to beat again this upcoming season. My team is currently about $10,000,000 over the salary cap so I need to save some salary somewhere.

I have been offered Oliver Bjorkstrand and a 2019 3rd round pick for Kyle Turris. Should I make the move?

My team:

C: Carter, Nugent-Hopkins, Turris, Sissons, Bellemare
    LW: Hall, Hoffman, Marcus Johansson, Jaskin
    RW: Oshie, Mikael Granlund, Rust, Caggiula
    D: Burns, Lindholm, Larsson, Chara, Benning, Djoos

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Turris vs Bjorkstrand

Interesting. Have you been in discussion with the other GM for a while about this. He probably wants to move Bjorkstrand before he gets signed as to reduce his risk of being able to move him.

It would be an easier decision for you if we had a crystal ball and knew exactly what Bjorkstrands salary will be.

If its anywhere < 3Mil I like this deal as a way to move out 3 Million of cap.

If it is between 3 and 4 Mil then I am am humming and hawwing big time and it becomes a coin toss.

Anything < 4 Mil and I don't like it. I would rather keep Turris at 6 Mil then Bjorkstrand at 4.5 Mil.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you do this deal your FOW situation doesn't look great. Keep in mind that RNH will most likely spend as much, if not more time on McDavid's wing this year then taking draws. Is Bjorkstrad just a RW in your league setup?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Bjorkstrand is just a RW in our league as we use either NHL.com or capfriendly.com for our positions. I am not too worried about my FOWs as Carter and Sissons are 55% face off guys and Bellemare was exclusively a center for Vegas last year. I would also likely be looking to move one of my wingers for a center since I would have an extra 4th line winger.

Bjorkstrand's future salary is a big question mark but so his offensive ability. Does anyone think Bjorkstrand will get more points than Turris next season assuming they both play around the same number of games?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Bjorkstrand is just a RW in our league as we use either NHL.com or capfriendly.com for our positions. I am not too worried about my FOWs as Carter and Sissons are 55% face off guys and Bellemare was exclusively a center for Vegas last year. I would also likely be looking to move one of my wingers for a center since I would have an extra 4th line winger.

Bjorkstrand's future salary is a big question mark but so his offensive ability. Does anyone think Bjorkstrand will get more points than Turris next season assuming they both play around the same number of games?
    Weekly or daily start and how many do you start? Oshie and Granlund are pretty good RW in their own right.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

It's a weekly start league where we dress 4 full forward lines and 6 dmen.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think if you can afford to keep Turris, I'd keep him, at least until we know what Bjorkstrand is going to make. I dont think he gets a crazy deal because he really still has a lot to prove and CBJ wont overpay him anyway. That being said, I do think centers in your league have to hold pretty good value with FOW. Turris at $6M is reasonable considering he's a lock for 2C duties in NSH and they have some pretty damn good wingers coming up to play with Turris.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

TBH... I think the bigger factor is whether or not Breadman gets moved... Bjorkstand's cap value will be relative to his spot in the lineup. I have him on my team and have turned down several low ball offers from managers trying to scoop him up for the chance he gets locked in at something like 2.5m and also replaces Panarin's minutes.

In your situation, I would take the deal. Turris' value at 6m is kinda meh. At least with Bjorkstand you get an interesting lottery ticket.

Full disclosure: I have put out an offer Bjorkstrand for Hagg... but I am a high-functioning peripheral junkie. Don't try this at home. Take the lottery ticket and hold onto it.
    10 TEAM FANTRAX LEAGUE (Salary Cap)
    23 Man Roster (Keep 16) + 12 Minors

G, A, PIM, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, TK, FOW
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Tavares, Pettersson, Bergeron, Dubois, Trocheck, Gaudette
    RW: J. Anderson, Coleman, Garland, Puljujarvi, Hoglander
    LW: Tkachuck, Miller, Goodrow, Mangiapane
    D: McAvoy, DeAngelo, Krug, Borowiecki, Gustafsson, Lindgren
    G: Shesterkin, Samsonov

Minors: Kahkonen, Sandin, Jarvis, Rasmussen, Elvenes, Abramov, Morin, Brisson, Clague, Gilbert, Hoglander, Timmins
    IR: Kucherov