Thread: [Just for Fun] Oilers and Flames swap #4's

Dobber Sports Pro

Default [Just for Fun] Oilers and Flames swap #4's

According to the article below, Puljujarvi could be on a short leash. Not to the minors, mind you, but right out of the organization! This seems premature and ridiculous in the extreme, but from what we have seen from GMs lately nothing can be ruled out.

https://oilersnation.com/2018/07/03/...a-short-leash/

So...what if the Albertans swapped their disappointing #4's...Puli for Bennett? As a Flames fan I say - what the hell...couldn't hurt.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Just for Fun] Oilers and Flames swap #4's

As much as this would be fun to see... we would Never see it happen. Neither team is going to risk sending a player that is still young across the province to have him break out and become a star their. It would haunt the team that lost the trade for years and years.

Dobber Sports Titan

I still have Pulj's ceiling much above Bennett's. Don't think this would happen from either side as PH mentioned.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Even though this article thinks he's on a short leash, I don't think the Oilers are going to rush anything with him or jump to any silly decisions with the 20 year old.

Here's a follow up article to the one in the OP.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...ly-good-player
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Even if it made sense the deal would never get done, if only because these teams don't do big deals with each other and the downside for either GM would be too much to take the chance. I was more than anything marveling at the prospect of the Oilers already thinking of giving up on Puljujarvi.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Even if it made sense the deal would never get done, if only because these teams don't do big deals with each other and the downside for either GM would be too much to take the chance. I was more than anything marveling at the prospect of the Oilers already thinking of giving up on Puljujarvi.
    I agree. I just wanted to post a follow up column to the one you posted that kind of offers a bit more then what Stauffer said this morning.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I still have Pulj's ceiling much above Bennett's. Don't think this would happen from either side as PH mentioned.
    Dobber has these guys very close. I also wonder how much Pulj's ceiling will fall if he puts up another year this year like last year?

I agree that a trade like this, between these two teams, seems very unlikely. But it's certainly a fun thought. Imagine the incentive that would light under each player....

Dobber Sports Jedi

This has Seguin consequences written all over it. Oh Look Chia's the GM...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    This has Seguin consequences written all over it. Oh Look Chia's the GM...

Can't see Pooljujube being dealt for Rhinefart. The city has a one failed Reinhart limit.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Jedi

maybe another swap for 20yr old prospect for Loui Ericksson then?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4