Thread: Risto vs Trouba

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Risto vs Trouba

In a dynasty, multi cat setting with hits and blocks, how do you view these two guys? Who would you rather have? Do any of them consistently put up 40+ points.
    How does risto put up points with dahlin coming to town? This year, understandable, but after afterwards? Plus, Brendan guhle will be around soon and he's got nice offensive upside.
    Does trouba ever get the opportunity to put up points with buff in town, and niku coming up, not to mention Morrissey already being around and possibly ahead of him in taking over for buff as he gets older?
    Will either one be worth their contracts in a dynasty cap league?

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Risto vs Trouba

I see similarities in both, but if I am going to choose I'd go with Ristolainen. Unless Buffalo is only going with 1D on their top PP unit, I am not sure that Dahlin blocks Risto. One shoots left and one shoots right. If anything they may end up complimenting each other instead of hurting. I dont see Guhle as an obstacle for Ristolainen anytime soon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd rather have risto as well

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ristolainen for sure. I think in the future he will be partnered with Dahlin and will be a nice force as a unit.

Trouba and Morrissey excelled in a shut-down role last year and I think they will continue to do that rather than be point producers.