Thread: Price on karlsson?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Price on karlsson?

What are some players who have been swapped for karlsson recently? Trying to see what he can fetch me.
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Big Daddy

Default Re: Price on karlsson?

Erik Karlsson should be able to fetch you just a good return as he would have last offseason. He isn't coming of his best season but he was in a cancerous Ottawa locker room and dealt with a very serious tragedy as well. I'd hold onto him and see if he gets traded somewhere. Don't hit the panic button on Karlsson, you'll likely regret it. He's only 28 years old remember, lots of top fantasy production left in him.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Erik Karlsson should be able to fetch you just a good return as he would have last offseason. He isn't coming of his best season but he was in a cancerous Ottawa locker room and dealt with a very serious tragedy as well. I'd hold onto him and see if he gets traded somewhere. Don't hit the panic button on Karlsson, you'll likely regret it. He's only 28 years old remember, lots of top fantasy production left in him.
    I'll echo this. While his point total (62) was the lowest in recent years, people also need to remember he missed some games and was still playing at a 70 pt pace...putting him right at or near the top for D men scoring in a full season. To me this is not the time to try and deal him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

think of the top 15 players in the league - perhaps minus McDavid and try 1-1's. It is probably in your best interest to see how the trade rumours play out, you may want to keep him if he goes somewhere very favorable.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

I just traded Karlsson for Panarin, Rantanan, Seguin and a high 3rd round pick (in a keep 7, this is a nice pick since round 1 and 2 are almost all goalies). I then moved Panarin for another early 3rd round pick. I will certainly miss Karlsson, but I am set up well in my 1 year league. In your dynasty full keeper, I flat out would not touch Karlsson until he has played out nearly his entire pending 8-9 year contract.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Stud

I acquired him for Simmonds and Gostisbere and some pick exchanges, nothing higher than 3rd round picks.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Big Daddy

Interesting trades. Has anyone else dealt or acquired Karlsson this off-season?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    I'll echo this. While his point total (62) was the lowest in recent years, people also need to remember he missed some games and was still playing at a 70 pt pace...putting him right at or near the top for D men scoring in a full season. To me this is not the time to try and deal him.
    Can I just point out that a defenceman had a 70 pt (pace) season and it's considered a bad year (by a lot of people)? Everyone stop and take a breath. Erik Karlsson is the definition of an elite player - if I was going to move him (I have him in 3 dynasty leagues) I would want a top 5 dman and a top 10 forward at least (Like Hedman and Stamkos or something that calibre), plus a high pick or two and then you would get me to start considering it. It would take more.

If you've never owned him it's hard to understand how valuable he is. In one of my weekly H2H points leagues, one week a year or so ago, Karlsson's points alone beat my opponent's entire point total on an 11 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    I acquired him for Simmonds and Gostisbere and some pick exchanges, nothing higher than 3rd round picks.
    Absolute highway robbery - the other GM is gonna be kicking himself in the face by Xmas.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jager's Mullet View Post
    What are some players who have been swapped for karlsson recently? Trying to see what he can fetch me.
    In my league where we have to keep at least one D I traded Karlsson for Patrick Kane and Aleks Barkov. He was dropping one of them.
    12 teams, H2H Points, Limited Keeper League (10th year), 6 keepers. 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    G (2), A (1), +/- (0.5), PIM (0.2), GWG (1), HAT (2), HIT (0.1), BLK (0.2), PPP (1), SHP (2)
    W (3), L (-1), GA (-1.), SV (0.2), SO (2)

Keepers = Barkov, Panarin, Marner, Stone, Josi, Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Last year, I acquired Karlsson for Logan Couture and shattenkirk. Other GM hated Ottawa and was willing to trade him. I was very willing to take him off of his hands.
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I paid a king’s randsom with Marner, Keller and Giordano. I have no regrets.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Traded the #3 overall rookie pick and Hamilton in a points only pool.

Big Daddy

I recently offered up Brent Burns for a straight up 1 for 1 swap and was quickly shot down with a ?no way? attached message.

Dobber Sports Sage

Last season mid way through I traded Eichel 1 for 1.. Pretty much points only with pp bonus.

Then I unloaded him for a first round and third round pick after locking up the win. My league is forward dominant and only 2 keepers so with Crosby and Mackinnon, he was expendable and garnered the highest return to a die hard Ottawa fan. I'm the only one with 2 first round picks and I finish drafting in round 5 in an 11 round draft. So basically helped me gain a huge advantage for next season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):