Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where will Pacioretty go?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm thinking so as well. Anisimov + D prospect + pick
    I'm guessing most Habs fans wouldn't be happy with that return. It would be great for Chicago, though. They have plenty of 'D' prospects as well (especially on the left side).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'm guessing most Habs fans wouldn't be happy with that return.
    Nobody is happy regardless and they're not winning the trade after all that has happened. NHL teams typically sell low and get underwhelming returns.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nobody is happy regardless and they're not winning the trade after all that has happened. NHL teams typically sell low and get underwhelming returns.
    Yeah, that's what I've been saying since February. Back then, Habs fans were unhappy about me saying so. I guess they're slowly getting on board now.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Yeah, that's what I've been saying since February. Back then, Habs fans were unhappy about me saying so. I guess they're slowly getting on board now.
    Being happy and realistic are not the same thing. It's just a matter of understanding history and the fact the Habs don't exactly have a trade genius at the helm.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Being happy and realistic are not the same thing. It's just a matter of understanding history and the fact the Habs don't exactly have a trade genius at the helm.

Dobber Sports Legend

I see Pax in Chicago or Florida. Not sure if Hoffman going to FLA messed that up though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

At this point, any team willing to give up a 1st rounder and a decent prospect can have him

Dobber Sports Initiate

for the first time in forever , Bruins/Habs bring an end to the cold war and make a trade , David Krejci headin to the Habs!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Montreal radio stirring the pot all morning with thoughts that a Chicago Montreal deal would be great. Max P deal including one of DeBrincat or Schmaltz moving the other way........
    Chi. has 9 million in cap space.
    If I could move Max for the cat, I would be all over that.
    I believe Schmaltz can play both center or wing.
    What makes all the Debrincat rumours funny is that Chicago got him with one of the two second rounders Montreal sent to Chicago for Andrew Shaw. Chicago also got Chad Krys with their other pick.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would like to see him in Pittsburgh but I am going to guess San Jose!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

The way they have treated Pacioretty is embarrassing. If I?m him I don?t agree to an extension with any club to facilitate a trade. He?s made it clear he wants to stay. Good ol? PR genius GM MB has told the other 30 GMs out there that they can take a run at him without giving the Habs anything next summer so why trade for him? Bergie?s incompetence when handling the important stuff is mind boggling.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The way they have treated Pacioretty is embarrassing. If I?m him I don?t agree to an extension with any club to facilitate a trade. He?s made it clear he wants to stay. Good ol? PR genius GM MB has told the other 30 GMs out there that they can take a run at him without giving the Habs anything next summer so why trade for him? Bergie?s incompetence when handling the important stuff is mind boggling.
    I'm not the biggest Bergevin fan, but I don't think he can take all the blame here. Of course MaxPac says he wants to stay. It's not often a player, especially a captain, coming up as a UFA states publically they want to leave a team.

I also don't agree that teams automatically assume they can get Pacioretty next summer as a free agent. They know it's entirely possibly Pacioretty is traded and signed somewhere way before next summer.

As for where he goes, if he does sign an extension, probably at least $7 million, I don't think he can go to a team like L.A., Pittsburgh, Edmonton, etc. as they can't afford him long-term.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Ace

Also as a side thought on this. And maybe a habs fan can clarify this more. Let's assume bergevin has been horrible all around for a few years. Wouldn't management/ownership have removed him? That's the main reason I feel like not everything can be blamed on him.

At the same time he has made a ton of questionable to bad moves and I agree patches has been a strong captain in a place that's not easy to play in front of (huge pressure) and he's not french. This doesn't seem to be the correct way to treat him.
    Last edited by roenick27; July 14, 2018 at 8:53 AM. Reason: Auto wrong

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Also as a side thought on this. And maybe a habs fan can clarify this more. Let's assume bergevin has been horrible all around for a few years. Wouldn't management/ownership have removed him? That's the main reason I feel like not everything can be blamed on him.
    It sounds like Bergevin sold Molson on a plan earlier this year for the future of the club, but they've been quiet about exactly what it is.

That's been the biggest thing with Bergevin's tenure. Except for a couple of years, no one knows what the plan is. For the first four years MB was in charge, he did nothing: He didn't stockpile draft picks/prospects/youth, hired and kept an awful coach that couldn't develop youth, hired and kept an awful AHL management team that couldn't develop youth, and relied on players (Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, etc.) from the previous regime to have success.

He wasn't improving the current squad and wasn't building for the future. So what was the plan?

Then it appeared he wanted to go for it, trading for Weber and Shaw, and signing veterans like Radulov and Montoya (backup goalie), trading for depth pieces like Nesterov, Benn, Ott, Martinson, King, etc. and finally firing Therrien and bringing in Julien.

Of course, all of this backfired, and years of not building up the farm system means the squad now has to rebuild. But no one knows what MB and Molson discussed (hopefully it wasn't on the fact that they were going to get Tavares), and no one has any clue what this team is trying to accomplish. Are they rebuilding (based on the draft) or are they looking to be better now (by trying to sign UFAs such as Stastny)? No one knows.

Anyone who tells you they are re-building, don't believe them. If Price returns to form and this squad has any success this season, can you trust MB not to trade the youth he just drafted to improve the chances of the Habs in the playoffs?

Anyways, this was a long-winded rant to say MB and Molson have a plan, but darn if any one knows what it is.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    It sounds like Bergevin sold Molson on a plan earlier this year for the future of the club, but they've been quiet about exactly what it is.

That's been the biggest thing with Bergevin's tenure. Except for a couple of years, no one knows what the plan is. For the first four years MB was in charge, he did nothing: He didn't stockpile draft picks/prospects/youth, hired and kept an awful coach that couldn't develop youth, hired and kept an awful AHL management team that couldn't develop youth, and relied on players (Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, etc.) from the previous regime to have success.

He wasn't improving the current squad and wasn't building for the future. So what was the plan?

Then it appeared he wanted to go for it, trading for Weber and Shaw, and signing veterans like Radulov and Montoya (backup goalie), trading for depth pieces like Nesterov, Benn, Ott, Martinson, King, etc. and finally firing Therrien and bringing in Julien.

Of course, all of this backfired, and years of not building up the farm system means the squad now has to rebuild. But no one knows what MB and Molson discussed (hopefully it wasn't on the fact that they were going to get Tavares), and no one has any clue what this team is trying to accomplish. Are they rebuilding (based on the draft) or are they looking to be better now (by trying to sign UFAs such as Stastny)? No one knows.

Anyone who tells you they are re-building, don't believe them. If Price returns to form and this squad has any success this season, can you trust MB not to trade the youth he just drafted to improve the chances of the Habs in the playoffs?

Anyways, this was a long-winded rant to say MB and Molson have a plan, but darn if any one knows what it is.
    Spot on assessment of the situation, though I think that management is now clearly in the rebuilding scenario.
    Whether they engaged in that path willingly is another story, but the comments about Kotkaniemi and Poelhing being the future centre line of the team speak of it.
    Add Weber's injury, the youth infusion in the coaching staff and Pacioretty's tenure coming to an end.
    Maybe they chased players like Statsny and O'Reilly, but ultimately the organization decided it wasn't worth sacrificing the future assets or the cap space.

That being said, Bergevin clearly has Molson on his side and any other GM would have been fired this summer after the past 2 horrendous years.
    For better or for worse, he's there for another season at least because he sold his plan to the owner and putting it forward.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.