Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Where will Pacioretty go?

  1. #61
    Location
    Japan
    Rep Power
    26

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

    Quote Originally Posted by HabsBlood View Post
    Saying they'll trade Patch for Brassard is ridiculous. The compete now ship has sailed - Montreal is a team building through the draft and embracing youth now.

    I think at this point Patch will go to any team willing to take him on for the base price of a first round pick. That opens the door - a decent young roster player or prospect is what will close the deal.

    Chicago seems like an interesting option right now
    Then we are going to agree to disagree mate. It’s no more ridiculous than the embracing youth comment

    Brass is 1 year older than Byron

    And the blue line is older than dirt
    Consider APBA Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

  2. #62
    Location
    Japan
    Rep Power
    26

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Vegas retained a good chunk of Brassard's salary - $2m, making him very affordable for Pitts this upcoming season $3m. Patches costs more, so more $$ would have to go to Mtl than Brassard for this to make sense. I don't see it. Mtl will look to get picks/prospects or young players for him.

    This is not a trade Bergevin makes often, hell ever, either acquiring a player or trading away one, so I don't see this happening fast. There's almost nothing in his trade history to compare this two - Eller for 2 2nds? Moving Patches for a hot young prospect 1-1 perhaps? DeBrincat fits the bill if looking at the type of player that would fit well with Domi & Drouin, but doubt Chi. does something insane like that. If this is 1-1 - that's the type of return I'd expect.

    Mind you I expect 2-4 pieces coming back to Mtl in this one, especially with an extension attached.
    Montreal needs a center, who can speak French and can handle the pressure

    That’s brass

    Can they make another deal ? Obviously

    Then go into the season with a 30 year old goalie, their best man at 32 on the shelf and center depth chart of
    Byron
    Domi
    Drouin

    That kind of makes the islanders look promising and the sens downright competitive
    Consider APBA Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

  3. #63
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yes. Your point?
    My point is it's not as crazy as it may seem especially considering Brassard would fill a much needed void.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Athanasiou, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, Konecny, Vrana, NSchmaltz

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  4. #64
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is online now
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    10,555
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My point is it's not as crazy as it may seem especially considering Brassard would fill a much needed void.
    he fills a void for one year. If that trade ever happened, Bergy gets sacked. It only makes sense for Pitts as they want a scoring winger. Patches needs to return assets, not brassard.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  5. #65
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My point is it's not as crazy as it may seem especially considering Brassard would fill a much needed void.
    Sure, if you're thinking short term gain for long term pain. This trade would not move the organization forward at all.


    Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

  6. #66
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is online now
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    10,555
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Sure, if you're thinking short term gain for long term pain. This trade would not move the organization forward at all.
    yup... it's only a move you make IF you're in a position to win & contend immediately. Therefore, Brassard should be eliminated from further consideration or discussion.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  7. #67
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    yup... it's only a move you make IF you're in a position to win & contend immediately. Therefore, Brassard should be eliminated from further consideration or discussion.
    Yeah Brassard pretty much leads to one of two outcomes:
    1) Traded at the deadline to a contender for a shittier return than they would get for Pacioretty now
    2) Signed immediately to an extension worth too much money and term


    Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •