Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where will Pacioretty go?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Where will Pacioretty go?

Quote Originally Posted by HabsBlood View Post
    Saying they'll trade Patch for Brassard is ridiculous. The compete now ship has sailed - Montreal is a team building through the draft and embracing youth now.

I think at this point Patch will go to any team willing to take him on for the base price of a first round pick. That opens the door - a decent young roster player or prospect is what will close the deal.

Chicago seems like an interesting option right now
    Then we are going to agree to disagree mate. It’s no more ridiculous than the embracing youth comment

Brass is 1 year older than Byron

And the blue line is older than dirt
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Vegas retained a good chunk of Brassard's salary - $2m, making him very affordable for Pitts this upcoming season $3m. Patches costs more, so more $$ would have to go to Mtl than Brassard for this to make sense. I don't see it. Mtl will look to get picks/prospects or young players for him.

This is not a trade Bergevin makes often, hell ever, either acquiring a player or trading away one, so I don't see this happening fast. There's almost nothing in his trade history to compare this two - Eller for 2 2nds? Moving Patches for a hot young prospect 1-1 perhaps? DeBrincat fits the bill if looking at the type of player that would fit well with Domi & Drouin, but doubt Chi. does something insane like that. If this is 1-1 - that's the type of return I'd expect.

Mind you I expect 2-4 pieces coming back to Mtl in this one, especially with an extension attached.
    Montreal needs a center, who can speak French and can handle the pressure

That’s brass

Can they make another deal ? Obviously

Then go into the season with a 30 year old goalie, their best man at 32 on the shelf and center depth chart of
    Byron
    Domi
    Drouin

That kind of makes the islanders look promising and the sens downright competitive
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yes. Your point?
    My point is it's not as crazy as it may seem especially considering Brassard would fill a much needed void.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My point is it's not as crazy as it may seem especially considering Brassard would fill a much needed void.
    he fills a void for one year. If that trade ever happened, Bergy gets sacked. It only makes sense for Pitts as they want a scoring winger. Patches needs to return assets, not brassard.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sure, if you're thinking short term gain for long term pain. This trade would not move the organization forward at all.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Sure, if you're thinking short term gain for long term pain. This trade would not move the organization forward at all.
    yup... it's only a move you make IF you're in a position to win & contend immediately. Therefore, Brassard should be eliminated from further consideration or discussion.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    yup... it's only a move you make IF you're in a position to win & contend immediately. Therefore, Brassard should be eliminated from further consideration or discussion.
    Yeah Brassard pretty much leads to one of two outcomes:
    1) Traded at the deadline to a contender for a shittier return than they would get for Pacioretty now
    2) Signed immediately to an extension worth too much money and term

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Perhaps this is the weekend Max moves onto greener pastures. Sportnet's Tim and Sid said a deal could be possible by the end of the weekend.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Sage

He would fit perfectly in Chicago paired up with Schmaltz and Kane.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Perhaps this is the weekend Max moves onto greener pastures. Sportnet's Tim and Sid said a deal could be possible by the end of the weekend.
    Did they mention likely destinations?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    He would fit perfectly in Chicago paired up with Schmaltz and Kane.
    I'd be asking for Jokiharju + 1st rounder if I were MB. I was actually just thinking about Chicago as a possible landing spot for Patches, but I'm pretty sure it would take at least Jokiharju to really move the needle for the Habs.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

I can see the Penguins making a play for Pax. I'm not sure what the return would be, but I could see them trying to get him. The same with the Sharks, who are seemingly willing to toss money around like drunken sailors this offseason. Signing Kane to that crazy deal... offering Tavares $13mil a pop... in on the Karlsson drama. Doug Wilson is itching to do something big; the checkbook is open.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'd be asking for Jokiharju + 1st rounder if I were MB. I was actually just thinking about Chicago as a possible landing spot for Patches, but I'm pretty sure it would take at least Jokiharju to really move the needle for the Habs.
    That would be a good return for the Habs. I wonder if the Hawks would bite, or if they would counter with Saad+ and try to swap W for W? I know the Hawks are trying to retool their D and Jokiharju and Boqvist are the expected future anchors. But, I think you are bang on that Bergeron would want that, especially after dealing Sergachev in the Drouin deal.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    That would be a good return for the Habs. I wonder if the Hawks would bite, or if they would counter with Saad+ and try to swap W for W? I know the Hawks are trying to retool their D and Jokiharju and Boqvist are the expected future anchors. But, I think you are bang on that Bergeron would want that, especially after dealing Sergachev in the Drouin deal.
    I feel like Saad even straight up would be a good return for the Habs right now. They'd get younger and Saad is a guy who can play up and down the lineup, at all strengths, etc.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I feel like Saad even straight up would be a good return for the Habs right now. They'd get younger and Saad is a guy who can play up and down the lineup, at all strengths, etc.
    That's the type of deal I see happening if something were to go down with Montreal. But, Saad would need to rebound or the fans in Montreal would revolt after the Subban and Sergachev trades.
    I think Pax gives the Hawks some nice size on the wings and a lethal sniper to feast on the PP. He's been training like a beast this summer and on Chicago there would be no pressure to be "the guy." It would be the perfect reset button for a player who has scored 30+ goals in 4 out of the last 5 seasons. He'd score 30 on the Hawks without breaking a sweat IMO; maybe crack 40 for the first time in his career.