Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: [SIGNED] Tavares in Toronto

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: [SIGNED] Tavares in Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It seriously is pretty creepy though eh. And this info was out there when he was on NYI, watch it explode now that he's a Leaf. Did you know in the summer she likes to lay outside and drinks out of her left hand, but in the winter she likes to sit legs on her side under a plaid blanket grasping her loose leaf tea mug with both hands while in a nice knit sweater?

I

Did
    NOT know that!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

I

Did
    NOT know that!
    The funny thing is I could see the tea one as true, because it's a percentage guess on females born after 1985, but before 1995.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The funny thing is I could see the tea one as true, because it's a percentage guess on females born after 1985, but before 1995.
    I'm guessing you like tea? or just girls between 85-95 that like tea?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm guessing you like tea? or just girls between 85-95 that like tea?
    I was going with females, but now I sound sexist. I was picturing this:GirlDrinksTea.JPG
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks this is a terrible signing by the Leafs? Tavares is great and he's one of the 30 best centers in the NHL but he's definitely not in the top 10 anymore. His cap hit is #1 among all forwards in the NHL.

The Leafs did not have any problems scoring goals last season as they were 4th in the league in goals for and Tavares is not going to help them give up less goals.
    So after year one of the Tavares era, it appears as though he did not help the Leafs at all. They were not as good as they were the previous year.

17/18
    Eliminated in round 1 of playoffs
    105 points during the regular season
    +40 in goal differential (270 GF, 230 GA)

18/19
    100 points during the regular season
    +37 in goal differential (286 GF, 249 GA)

Considering the Leafs will have to dismantle their team this summer to try and get under the salary cap, their best player signed a 5 year contract to become a UFA as soon as allowed by the CBA and the fact that the Leafs are one of two NHL teams to have zero playoff series wins since the salary cap so teams should be looking elsewhere for guidance on how to rebuild a franchise.

Dobber Sports Genius

So after year one of the Tavares era, it appears as though he did not help the Leafs at all. They were not as good as they were the previous year.

17/18

18/19

Considering the Leafs will have to dismantle their team this summer to try and get under the salary cap, their best player signed a 5 year contract to become a UFA as soon as allowed by the CBA and the fact that the Leafs are one of two NHL teams to have zero playoff series wins since the salary cap so teams should be looking elsewhere for guidance on how to rebuild a franchise.
    I'll prefix this by saying I'm no Leafs "fan". Possibly a victim of Stockholm syndrome due to having MANY fantasy players traded there through the years and rooting them on but I have to say, it's a stretch to say the Leafs weren't a more dangerous team this year with Tavares than previously regardless of the playoff and regular season outcomes.

I'm sure more people would find blame with the lack of effective RHD all season and Kadri missing 5 games in the playoffs to their early exit and I would agree more on those points than putting any blame on Tavares.

I have some other thoughts on why they lost and on other scapegoats who will be getting worked over but I'll just leave that since this is a John "The Snake" Tavares thread. Of course one of those scapegoats will rhyme better with that "nickname" but whatever, he'll probably go elsewhere and become an absolute beast Burnsy like.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

World cup Canada team just got way better if johnny , marner and reilly want to avoid southern ontario for a month

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Am I the only person who thinks this is a terrible signing by the Leafs? Tavares is great and he's one of the 30 best centers in the NHL but he's definitely not in the top 10 anymore. His cap hit is #1 among all forwards in the NHL.

The Leafs did not have any problems scoring goals last season as they were 4th in the league in goals for and Tavares is not going to help them give up less goals.

With that said, I fully expect the Leafs to trade Auston Matthews away for help on the back end.

Dangerous to partial quote your own post in the hope of back-patting.
    I've included the part you left out.
    People on the forums enjoy nitpicking a small part of the general post... so... off we go!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont say this often but I am happy for Leafs fans. Tavares is a great pickup. Now fix your D!
    I said and meant it last summer, it still stands today.

Until the Leafs fix their backend, they wont do much in the playoffs. Dealing Nylander and even Kadri should be able to bring them back a solid defender or two. They don't need offensive Dmen, they got those already. I've always said, the Leafs need a couple guys like Vlasic or Slavin type guys to fix what ails them. Until they get those quiet defensive gems, they will struggle. They lose the games in their own end and clearly, all the offense in the world cant fix that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    People on the forums enjoy nitpicking a small part of the general post... so... off we go!
    lol too good

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Auston Matthews made a trade out of Toronto even more likely now then it was on July 1st by signing a 5 year contract extension instead of the 8 year deals that superstars coming off entry level contracts typically sign. I left that part of my previous post out because it had no bearing on how much John Tavares did not help the Leafs at all.

The Leafs are in deep cap trouble and it's because they are spent $11,000,000 per season on a player that did not fill any of their needs. They have $47,000,000 in forward salaries for next season and their #1 forward does not yet have a contract.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Auston Matthews made a trade out of Toronto even more likely now then it was on July 1st by signing a 5 year contract extension instead of the 8 year deals that superstars coming off entry level contracts typically sign. I left that part of my previous post out because it had no bearing on how much John Tavares did not help the Leafs at all.

The Leafs are in deep cap trouble and it's because they are spent $11,000,000 per season on a player that did not fill any of their needs. They have $47,000,000 in forward salaries for next season and their #1 forward does not yet have a contract.
    I have faith in Pridham... I think saying it more like this: the Leafs are in "cap trouble" - is appropriate.
    Gillman's a pretty decent cap AGM as well.

I'd be more worried about Winnipeg's cap situation than the Leafs TBH.

They'll need to move $$ out to make it all work, but they need to move salary for a Dman anyway.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

17/18

18/19

The result is disappointing for sure, but to say Tavares did not help at all (despite being third in the NHL in goals) and that the Leafs were not as good as last year is absurd.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I'll prefix this by saying I'm no Leafs "fan". Possibly a victim of Stockholm syndrome due to having MANY fantasy players traded there through the years and rooting them on but I have to say, it's a stretch to say the Leafs weren't a more dangerous team this year with Tavares than previously regardless of the playoff and regular season outcomes.

I'm sure more people would find blame with the lack of effective RHD all season and Kadri missing 5 games in the playoffs to their early exit and I would agree more on those points than putting any blame on Tavares.

I have some other thoughts on why they lost and on other scapegoats who will be getting worked over but I'll just leave that since this is a John "The Snake" Tavares thread. Of course one of those scapegoats will rhyme better with that "nickname" but whatever, he'll probably go elsewhere and become an absolute beast Burnsy like.
    The Leafs were 4th in GF/g this season and 4th in GF/g last season. Sure they may have scored 16 more raw goals this year, but the NHL as a whole also scored more goals this season. Last year they scored 20 goals in 7 games, this year they scored 17 goals in 7 games. Objectively over an 89 game sample , they really weren't a more dangerous offensive team this year with Tavares.

The defense thing is correct though. Last year they gave up the 20th most GA/g, this year they gave up the 12th most GA/g. Tavares was never what they needed, but at least they got to tweet out that picture of him in his PJs.

The Great One

yeah you never need a #1 center