Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Mock Draft 2018

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: NFL Mock Draft 2018

I know this is a sweeping and unfair conclusion, but its not very nice betting on the Bears. I just have this faith that they are gonna f*ck it up somehow, lol.

What about last years play from Trubinsky gives you confidence that he's going to really break out this year?
    What about Robinson makes you think he will approach his 2016 totals? Those were a result of him being the only guy and Jax having a terrible running game. Enter Leonard Fournette and despite being a playoff team and playing every game, Robinson doesn't even break 900yrds.
    We all know Blake Bortles is nothing compared to Trubinsky, but we also know rookie QBs don't get to do much play calling. Jordan Howard is usually in line to get 250 carries/yr, and if so I'd say 1000yrds is an upper ceiling for Robinson.
    Bears got a new coach for 2018, Mat Nagy, and quite honestly I don't know much about him. He's a former QB, thats about it. My faith in the entire Bears offense (and where I would rank guys like Howard and Robinson) depend on Nagy and what the Bears pre-season looks like.

Looking at things from the other side, Trubinsky is being ranked around QB #20, depending what site you are looking at. Right in there with Tyrod Taylor, and a Jamis Winston who is starting the year suspended.

My 2cents

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    I know this is a sweeping and unfair conclusion, but its not very nice betting on the Bears. I just have this faith that they are gonna f*ck it up somehow, lol.

What about last years play from Trubinsky gives you confidence that he's going to really break out this year?
    What about Robinson makes you think he will approach his 2016 totals? Those were a result of him being the only guy and Jax having a terrible running game. Enter Leonard Fournette and despite being a playoff team and playing every game, Robinson doesn't even break 900yrds.
    We all know Blake Bortles is nothing compared to Trubinsky, but we also know rookie QBs don't get to do much play calling. Jordan Howard is usually in line to get 250 carries/yr, and if so I'd say 1000yrds is an upper ceiling for Robinson.
    Bears got a new coach for 2018, Mat Nagy, and quite honestly I don't know much about him. He's a former QB, thats about it. My faith in the entire Bears offense (and where I would rank guys like Howard and Robinson) depend on Nagy and what the Bears pre-season looks like.

Looking at things from the other side, Trubinsky is being ranked around QB #20, depending what site you are looking at. Right in there with Tyrod Taylor, and a Jamis Winston who is starting the year suspended.

My 2cents
    Sorry Bazz, not throwing shade. Didn't realize you just picked Robsinson, and there is nothing wrong with grabbing him in the 3rd round.
    I mean that my rankings of both Howard and Robinson will swing depending on what the intended usage of them is this year, which we simply don't know yet.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don?t blame Robinson?s failures on him, Bad Blake is horrible. Trubisky mobility will extend plays and I think Trubisky can be in that 15 QB range. Plus with an offensive mind at the helm they?ll push pace. Not that old school grind like Jacksonville.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm with ya, to me it still comes down to what Nagy's playbook is going to be like. I agree with you though that I think he will be offensively minded.

Picked. Sorry my boss? boss was sitting at my desk. OG has been pm?d

Dobber Sports Titan

Kinda odd picking McCoy. But picking him at 34th overall....I think that's solid. Took a gamble waiting on an RB and I think I got a fringe RB1/2 guy.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What can anyone tell me about Kenyan Drake... I have seen his name in rankings and such right around where Eskimo Brother has taken him... but I honestly don't know much about him.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What can anyone tell me about Kenyan Drake... I have seen his name in rankings and such right around where Eskimo Brother has taken him... but I honestly don't know much about him.
    lead back
    a lot of catches are off the team (Landry)
    Tannehill is back
    he had a solid last 6 weeks

He is like having a C2 in hockey do well, not great. Then the team trades their C1, and now your C2 is a C1. All of a sudden your guy is getting 25min a night, scoring, but at an alright rate per 60min, then goes off in the final 12 games with like 20pts. Misses the playoffs, but you saw this great flash that could make the guy a 90pt center.

Butttt there's still question marks obviously on Drake.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Damn fellas. Ya killed me on the turn. Was hoping to snag one of Diggs (ideally) Ertz or Cooper.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Kinda odd picking McCoy. But picking him at 34th overall....I think that's solid. Took a gamble waiting on an RB and I think I got a fringe RB1/2 guy.
    Was a great pick, when round 4 started and he was still available I got excited, haha.
    He is either going to not play a good chunk of the year, or be his normal 1st rounder self. At round 4 I would happily take that gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Damn fellas. Ya killed me on the turn. Was hoping to snag one of Diggs (ideally) Ertz or Cooper.
    I thought I was going to maybe get questioned on taking Diggs there... especially before some other player(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I thought I was going to maybe get questioned on taking Diggs there... especially before some other player(s)
    I wasn't sure if anyone else valued Diggs over Thielen... which is the better WR to own?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I prefer Thelien, the existence of both of them is what devalues them both slightly. Kirk Cousins throws like crazy, so I expect them both to get a healthy workload.

I like Theilen?s floor. But Diggs? ceiling is so sexxxy!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Here’s what my football brain tells me. Nagy is from the Andy Reid tree who came from Holmgren who came from Walsh. He will be like Doug Pederson before him with the RPO system with the west coast passing attack a la the triangle. I would still expect outside zone to be their main running play but without the heavy formations Fox ran. You’ll see more 11 personal with the TE as a wing or split as well. You’ll also see 20 personal with no inline split wing TE.

Trubisky won’t have kid gloves on, Howard will be a two down back and Cohen could have 50 receptions and 1000 combined yards. If Nagy can bring that Reid Holmgren screen game to Chicago as well the Bears might start cooking with Peanut Oil.

Btw Trubisky throwing motion is so much cleaner than Bad Blake.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill