Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will JT remain useable in cap leagues?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Will JT remain useable in cap leagues?

Likely between 10/12 mil a year. Even with a 100 point season, is he keepable?
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Will JT remain useable in cap leagues?

I would keep him unless I was rebuilding - then I would move him for a bundle! His cap might scare off a few GM's but anyone going for it would realize the benefit of having an elite scorer on his team.

Much the same applies to McDavid.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfist138 View Post
    Without a doubt.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would you keep McDavid at $13m? They aren't too far off. But I personally don't like owning anyone over $8m unless I have injuries which gives me cap relief.
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tavares will get no less than $12 million. Is he keepable? Well, you're not gonna drop him outright but you might be wise to see if you can find better value for money. JT isn't likely to get you 100 points; most years he'll be in the 70-80 range. So he won't be good value for money but unless you can get good players back for him, you should keep him and fill a couple of roster spots with cheap players.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Monster

If he were to get 100 then obviously he would be worth the money and then some. More realistically he'll get you about a point per game. That's still keeper worthy, even if you are in a league which has a really prohibitive cap. But if it's like the real NHL cap I wouldn't worry, as it seems to be headed upwards over the years anyways. A 10+ million dollar star won't be that rare in a couple of years.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Of course. He's a top 15 or so guy. They number of them that are useless due to contract is zero.

Is he keepable FOR YOU is a different question. Mmaybe you're Garth Snow with the big contracts for bottom 6 guys, and you can't really fit in a big star. The question should be "What fungible guys on my roster are overpaid that makes me think I can't keep a star?"
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Capped article coming out tomorrow goes into that a little, but my bottom line is that in the 10-12 range you keep him, no question, but if he gets the one year max deal before signing a smaller 8-year extension like some people are floating around, he's going to be a tough pill to swallow.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

9 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.
    I hear what you are throwing down!! In your league, one that is using the actual NHL cap for actual NHL sized rosters, Tavares is not going a player you want to be holding. Especially if he is making $12M against the cap.

In my opinion, your league has a systematic design flaw. There are not 31 teams in your league to match the cap that you are using. You are trying to fill out 9 teams using the cap parameters of a 31 team league. There are too many good players to go around. The good/great 'actual' hockey players are not the same as good/great 'fantasy' hockey players in a cap league with this set up. This league structure has every GM chasing the most valuable contracts not the best players.

Players like Tavares, Toews, Perry, Getzlaf...etc are going to litter your waiver wire.

If Tavares scores 100 points then he is a borderline keeper for next season. Banking on JT having a career year this season is risky at best.

There are 13 other guys on your team I would keep before holding that new Tavares contract. Let some other GM choke on that.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I traded him for a 1st round pick. And then traded for Trocheck to replace him. I don't like having anyone over 8m on my team as I like to roster the full 25 players my league allows for and max out my man-games. It depends on the settings and your management style.
    10 TEAM FANTRAX LEAGUE (Salary Cap)
    23 Man Roster (Keep 16) + 12 Minors

G, A, PIM, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, TK, FOW
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Tavares, Pettersson, Bergeron, Dubois, Trocheck, Gaudette
    RW: J. Anderson, Coleman, Garland, Puljujarvi, Hoglander
    LW: Tkachuck, Miller, Goodrow, Mangiapane
    D: McAvoy, DeAngelo, Krug, Borowiecki, Gustafsson, Lindgren
    G: Shesterkin, Samsonov

Minors: Kahkonen, Sandin, Jarvis, Rasmussen, Elvenes, Abramov, Morin, Brisson, Clague, Gilbert, Hoglander, Timmins
    IR: Kucherov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I hear what you are throwing down!! In your league, one that is using the actual NHL cap for actual NHL sized rosters, Tavares is not going a player you want to be holding. Especially if he is making $12M against the cap.

In my opinion, your league has a systematic design flaw. There are not 31 teams in your league to match the cap that you are using. You are trying to fill out 9 teams using the cap parameters of a 31 team league. There are too many good players to go around. The good/great 'actual' hockey players are not the same as good/great 'fantasy' hockey players in a cap league with this set up. This league structure has every GM chasing the most valuable contracts not the best players

Players like Tavares, Toews, Perry, Getzlaf...etc are going to litter your waiver wire.

If Tavares scores 100 points then he is a borderline keeper for next season. Banking on JT having a career year this season is risky at best.

There are 13 other guys on your team I would keep before holding that new Tavares contract. Let some other GM choke on that.
    My league has a similar problem but to a lesser extent. Though, I really don't mind it. While Kopitar and Toews get stuck in the FA, there is a certain thrill to chasing value. For example, I have Scheifele at 6.1 for the next 6 years! Gold, Jerry! Gold!
    10 TEAM FANTRAX LEAGUE (Salary Cap)
    23 Man Roster (Keep 16) + 12 Minors

G, A, PIM, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, TK, FOW
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Tavares, Pettersson, Bergeron, Dubois, Trocheck, Gaudette
    RW: J. Anderson, Coleman, Garland, Puljujarvi, Hoglander
    LW: Tkachuck, Miller, Goodrow, Mangiapane
    D: McAvoy, DeAngelo, Krug, Borowiecki, Gustafsson, Lindgren
    G: Shesterkin, Samsonov

Minors: Kahkonen, Sandin, Jarvis, Rasmussen, Elvenes, Abramov, Morin, Brisson, Clague, Gilbert, Hoglander, Timmins
    IR: Kucherov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

In my opinion, your league has a systematic design flaw. There are not 31 teams in your league to match the cap that you are using. You are trying to fill out 9 teams using the cap parameters of a 31 team league. There are too many good players to go around. The good/great 'actual' hockey players are not the same as good/great 'fantasy' hockey players in a cap league with this set up. This league structure has every GM chasing the most valuable contracts not the best players.

This!!! Yes, I’ll be always hated that we use the
    Nhl cap in a 9 team league. You should see the players left sitting all year. I would love to keep JT. It anything over eight or nine, I’ll have to use that cap on to 4 mil players that are easier to move if an injury happens.

- - - Updated - - -

No one in my league wants him. At all. Not even a low ball offer

Use current cap.

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I might also add that we have to have our rosters in by July 1st.

Use current cap.

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

No one in my league wants him. At all. Not even a low ball offer
    What is the lowest lowball offer that no one will accept? I'm curious.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think it makes it way to hard to have the top team in a league where his cap hit is 12+ unless the salary cap is significantly higher than the league cap hit