Thread: Dal Colle and Kamanev

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Dal Colle and Kamanev

Howdy folks! So I need to call up some prospects or else lose them to the waiver. Ho Sang is for sure going on my main squad, as is Demko. I'm stuck on keeping Dal Colle and or Kamanev. I'll be dropping Panik, Eakins, Ward, possibly Ekblad and maybe Anisimov or Ferland. I have a good shot at either the 1st or 2nd overall pick this year as well and looking to hopefully snag Terry off the waiver. Do you fine gents think either one will make the team next year and if not, would either one be worth calling up and waiting it out?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Default Re: Dal Colle and Kamanev

I just can't see Dal Colle making the Islanders; I think he's a drop. I have more hope for Kamenev - although I'm not sure he'll be super relevant in your format. I think you are pretty much stuck trying a full rebuild via the draft. I might investigate what value Varlamov or Raanta have; have you had any offers on either of them?

Dobber Sports Ace

If they have 5 years why do you need to bring them up yet? If mdc was in 2014, shouldn't you have another year to sit on him?

As als said above idk. You may need to just deal everyone outside of kaprisov vrana raanta and demko imo and just tear it down.

As for the initial question I don't think either of those 2 are valuable at this point in a points only league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    If they have 5 years why do you need to bring them up yet? If mdc was in 2014, shouldn't you have another year to sit on him?

As als said above idk. You may need to just deal everyone outside of kaprisov vrana raanta and demko imo and just tear it down.

As for the initial question I don't think either of those 2 are valuable at this point in a points only league.
    My bad. So we changed players drafted after 2014 to 5 years. Anything before was 4 years. So McDavid being drafted in 2015 would have 5 years protection.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

My sig says 12 teams but that's because we are doing an expansion this year. Varlamov and Raanta should hold some good value once the new team picks his goalies from the other teams. Those guys will want a goalie to replace the one they lost. It was a scenario that I was looking at.

Dobber Sports Ace

Regardless. I'm just being honest. You're team just isn't good. If it we're me I'd keep those are guys and tear it down. Others May differ in view but that's my 2 cents

Dobber Sports Padawan

Regardless. I'm just being honest. You're team just isn't good. If it we're me I'd keep those are guys and tear it down. Others May differ in view but that's my 2 cents
    I'll be looking to trade some of those other guys during the course of the season. Hopefully they'll fetch me a decent pick or two. The one's you mentioned are guys I'm keeping for now. And a few others.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, my team sucks haha!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I'll be looking to trade some of those other guys during the course of the season. Hopefully they'll fetch me a decent pick or two. The one's you mentioned are guys I'm keeping for now. And a few others.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, my team sucks haha!
    Haha. I've always been one that either wants to win or not win. I hate being mediocre. Most of those guys on your roster imo are mediocre. They won't fetch much in a trade for will they help you. So I'd deal as many as possible to get picks and then build through the draft. Maybe trade some with a pick to move up a but in the draft etc.