Thread: Vesalainen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Vesalainen

I have heard good things about this guy, apparently challenging for a spot this fall on the jets against petan among other winterpeg hopefuls. Anyone have any inside knocks for or against him? Ceiling? TIA ~ Cheers!
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vesalainen

Top-six ceiling. I think he needs one more year of development before he's challenging for a spot on the NHL roster. He was good offensively and improved defensively but a big part of his offense came from the power play - he still needs to improve his play at even strength.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Vesalainen

I really like this player but I think he's going to take longer to come along. I don't see him in Winnipeg this year and possibly not even next. Hopefully they convince him to come to the AHL to progress his game and acclimate to the smaller ice and north American game.