Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4th overall dilemma

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 4th overall dilemma

I own the 4th overall pick in the entry draft. I really want Zadina or Wahlstrom. If Zadina goes 3rd I feel like I could trade down and still get Wahlstrom. Would you take a risk and move down to the 7th spot to get a minor upgrade and still get Wahlstrom. Or should I just draft him at 4?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: 4th overall dilemma

I'm in a very unusual spot and have picks 2-4, 7, 9, 11 in my upcoming draft and I've had Wahlstrom slated for that 4th spot for months.
    I know for a fact that if I tried to wait until 7, he'd definitely be gone at 6 if not 5.

Any idea what the owners at 5-6 are looking at? Or is there maybe a premium for centers or d-men that may prevent someone from taking Wahlstrom at 5-6?

Dobber Sports Initiate

The owner I would trade with who would pick 4th will take Tkachuk for sure. Owner at 5 I don't know. Owner at 6 a D man almost guarenteed

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think it might come down to how badly you want Wahlstrom. If he's 100% the pick you want, then you have to think about him at 4.
    The other side of that depends on the return for trading down. If the return is worth trading the pick and potentially losing Wahlstrom then may have to consider that.
    It sounds like the owner at 5 is the wild card here...and then hopefully 4,6 don't change their minds.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just drafted at 4th and took Wahlstrom. If you want Wahlstrom I would take him.

If you're interested in the +, move back, but can't be upset if Wahlstrom goes. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else took him before 7.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You're taking a huge risk hoping Whalstrom falls. What would be your plan if he doesn't fall? Fantasy draft results are gonna start pouring in soon and I'd be shocked if Whalstrom wasn't going 4 in most of them.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Initiate

If Wahlstrom didn't fall I would have to take Quinn Hughes or Evan Bouchard. Previous trade offer on table to move down was buchnevich, kyrou and very low 1st round pick next year. For my Zucarello and Gaudette

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't take a minor upgrade and risk losing Whalstrom. Im very high on a volume shooter with an elite shot in a good place to utilize it. As good as Hughes is and his fit in Vancouver I just don't think it's a good enough hedge on your bet unless the minor upgrade was above decent. As for the Buch offer, I'd consider it. If Buch even equals Zuccs output (which I think is very possible) then you win this trade. Kyrou+late 1st> Gaudette. It's not an insta yes but considerable. .
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

The Great One

Our draft started this morning, and Wahlstrom went 4th. And that doesn't surprise me at all, especially with his landing spot.

If you will be really disappointed if Wahlstrom is not there at 7th, then I'd just take him at 4th and not worry about getting a small extra. Get the player your heart is set on would be my advice.

Dobber Sports Pro

I also just took Wahlstrom 4th overall.

He is an elite shooter, and lining up next to JT or Barzal is too tempting.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

I hear you, bud. I've got the 2nd overall pick (more than likely as we have yet to do the draft, so could be the 1st overall,) and I am torn on Wahlstrom. If I pick 2nd and Svechnikov is gone, I considered Wahlstrom over Dahlin and Zadina. General consensus was that I should take Zadina as D men aren't valued as high in our pool. I like Zadina and Dahlin will be special but I just can't get Wahlstrom out of my head. I'm considering trading that pick for the possible 4th overall and the 14th overall pick but have to wait and see where I land in the draft 1st.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

I took Tkachuk 4th overall in one of my drafts (multicat league) and Wahlstrom went 5th. I don't think taking him 4th is a reach if hes the guy you want. I do prefer Tkachuk over Wahlstrom for my league setup though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

If you want Wally I’d take him with your pick and not dick around as I’d be surprised if he lasts much beyond 4th
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Draft who you want, especially if it's close to the range of picks you think he will go. Example: My 16 team one started last night the guy with pick 7 was shopping it, I owning picks 9/13 and wanting Robert Thomas really bad felt a need to move 13/25/33 for pick 7 so someone wouldn't take my guy. I made the deal, I took Thomas and today several personal messages came in saying nice move and they were trying to do the same to take Thomas. Get who you want.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

The Magnificent One

I also just took Wahlstrom at 4th over Tkachuk and I have hits and blocks in my league. I did it bc we also count SOG and goal scores usually have more value in my league eventhough we don't give extra points to goals. the landing spot on the island was too tempting. I got a few messages from people picking after me saying damn I was hoping he would fall. so don't expect him to be there at 7th.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi