Thread: #4 for #12 & #13

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default #4 for #12 & #13

I have the 4th overall pick and was offered #12 and #13 for it.
    It's a H2H points, 12 team dynasty/cap league with a focus on G/A.
    It's an established league so basically the prospect crop will be the players from this year's draft.

My team just joined last year as an expansion team so I'll be building for another 2-3 seasons probably.
    I also have 5 other picks in our first round: #2,3,4,7,9,11 then R2-20.

Dahlin will go at #1, my next picks were going to be Svechnikov, Zadina and then Wahlstrom at 4.

So would you trade 4 for what might be available at 12&13...maybe like Farabee and Veleno?
    I might be able to add in a later pick this year or something next season even as well.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: #4 for #12 & #13

I'd see if he has interest in 7 for 12/13
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd see if he has interest in 7 for 12/13
    He doesn't...it's basically an attempt to get Wahlstrom before the guy at 6 takes him...or me at 4.

Dobber Sports Pro

In my league's draft completed this week, players like Bokk, Kravtsov (who I took at #14), Denisenko, and Kupari were available at #12. Farabee went #7 but I'm not a fan so I wouldn't have taken him that early. I really like Kravtsov so I could be tempted but I think I'd just hang on to Wahlstrom as his comparables at the USDP are just too tempting to pass up. I certainly wouldn't move him for Farabee and Veleno. Time will tell though.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How many minors can you have on your roster? And what does your current minor league system look like?

I would be tempted to do the opposit and trade pick 9 and 11 to get up to 5 or something along those lines. Especially if you have a limit on the minor league players you can have.

Quality over quantity.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    In my league's draft completed this week, players like Bokk, Kravtsov (who I took at #14), Denisenko, and Kupari were available at #12. Farabee went #7 but I'm not a fan so I wouldn't have taken him that early. I really like Kravtsov so I could be tempted but I think I'd just hang on to Wahlstrom as his comparables at the USDP are just too tempting to pass up. I certainly wouldn't move him for Farabee and Veleno. Time will tell though.
    Yeah having a chance to get Wahlstrom along with Svechnikov and Zadina seems pretty tough to pass up...was just wondering if the 2:1 sweetens the deal but the drop off sounds like it may be too much.....thanks.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    How many minors can you have on your roster? And what does your current minor league system look like?

I would be tempted to do the opposit and trade pick 9 and 11 to get up to 5 or something along those lines. Especially if you have a limit on the minor league players you can have.

Quality over quantity.
    It's not only unlimited but players can be swapped so the spot itself has value as well.

My group isn't super strong or anything as I've only had 1 season's worth of prospect draft so far: Vilardi, W Nylander, Nic Hague, Howden, Katchouk, Benson...and some others I'll likely swap.

The guy at 5 doesn't trade very often but he may to add a few spots.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Guy at #6 wants Wahlsrtrom and you draft Wahlstrom at #4, you might be able to trade up to #6 if #5 won't

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If Guy at #6 wants Wahlsrtrom and you draft Wahlstrom at #4, you might be able to trade up to #6 if #5 won't
    That's a pretty good call since the guy at #6 and I have traded frequently.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm not sure I'd pass on the chance to have Svechnikov, Zadina and Wahlstrom but that's just me.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would probably hold the pick, all things posted considered
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I'd draft Wahlstrom at 4. Then I'd see what is available once pick 12 is on the clock. My guess is that 12 and 13 won't be enough to make me want to do the swap, but I supposed it's possible somebody falls. I just can't think of who....

Dobber Sports Rookie

Keep #4