Thread: Hoffman and young Cats

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hoffman and young Cats

How does the Hoffman signing impact the young FLA prospects? Namely Borgstrom and Tippett.

If I am not mistaken it's NHL or junior for Tippet. Does he need more time in the O?

I feel like Borgstrom is too good to keep down, but is he now sitting outside top 6 deployment?

The Great One

Default Re: Hoffman and young Cats

At the end of last season FLA's top six had two pairs - Barkov/Dadonov and Huberdeau/Trocheck. Those other spots are wide open, although given the price that was paid Hoffman probably has the jump on one of them. But those pairs also form PP1, so whomever ends up filling out the top six probably will be looking at PP2 deployment unless the team opts to go with two more balanced PP units.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Having Borg and/or Tippett start on the 3rd line with Bjugstadt or McCann as the C would not be a bad option. There's no reason or need to rush either into significant roles
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Having Borg and/or Tippett start on the 3rd line with Bjugstadt or McCann as the C would not be a bad option. There's no reason or need to rush either into significant roles
    Bjugstad was looking good on the top line so hopefully for my team its McCann. Will probably rotate for a while.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is what I wrote about the situation in another thread:
    Dadonov and Huberdeau occupied the left wing in their top six last year. Dadonov has played right wing in the past but they seemed to like him more on the left side. Remains to be seen if they move him back to the right now with Hoffman in town. They could also try to create three scoring lines, something like this:
    Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad
    Huberdeau-Trocheck-Malgin
    Hoffman-Borgstrom-Tippett

Tippett should be there but if he doesn't impress enough, they could have McCann, Vatrano or Mamin on that 3rd line instead of him.

But obviously they could also stack up their top two lines which would mean Dadonov moves to right wing and either Bjugstad or Malgin moves down to 3rd line. They have lots of options now.