Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CFL Fan Levelled by Lions Player

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: CFL Fan Levelled by Lions Player

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I suspect that the streaker could still be charged. That might not help his case. I hope this doesn't get settled and gets thrown out, but this is Canada, so even money on settling and if it goes to court, the idiot will win. No one is allowed to be hurt while breaking the law, it's Canada.
    That’s actually....not how Canada works.

I confirmed with two different friends who are lawyers today. It’s not an “unwinnable” case, because if it was the firm wouldn’t have taken him, but it will be extremely extremely difficult and unlikely to win. He basically has to prove extreme excessive force, which is going to be really difficult.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

I confirmed with two different friends who are lawyers today. It’s not an “unwinnable” case, because if it was the firm wouldn’t have taken him, but it will be extremely extremely difficult and unlikely to win. He basically has to prove extreme excessive force, which is going to be really difficult.
    That was actually...sarchasm.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Guy is gonna have a tough time proving brain injuries were as a result of the tackle and not something he?s had all his life, simply judging based on this decision alone.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Guy is gonna have a tough time proving brain injuries were as a result of the tackle and not something he?s had all his life, simply judging based on this decision alone.
    I thought I was told by Bettman that head injuries aren't related to long-term health issues. What gives? Did he lie, or possibly bend the truth to fit his shaky legal position?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I thought I was told by Bettman that head injuries aren't related to long-term health issues. What gives? Did he lie, or possibly bend the truth to fit his shaky legal position?
    Roger Goodell said something like that too. So that should be enough evidence to throw this out of court.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Yeah, definitely not an unwinable case.... my guess is that the lawyers sought him out...not the other way around. But thats just my guess.

Dobber Sports Genius

Run with the bulls and you get the horns...

I didn’t see any helmet contact in that clip from the National Post, just a solid shove. Guy got what he deserved and taking this to court is just digging a bigger hole of stupidity.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar