Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CFL Fan Levelled by Lions Player

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default CFL Fan Levelled by Lions Player

http://nationalpost.com/sports/footb...based-law-firm

So a "streaker" (who was wearing underwear, which is NOT streaking) was running around on the field with what looked like only one security guy trying to get him off the field, when the fan ran into a B.C. Lion player who dropped a shoulder into him. The fan has retained a lawyer and likely sue the player and league for his injuries. I really hope that this gets thrown out. Canada has pretty decent health care and if you're going to act like an idiot, you might have to pay a price. I would hazard a guess that he may have had a "mild traumatic brain injury" prior to running onto the field, but I'm not a doctor...I just play one on TV.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: CFL Fan Levelled by Lions Player

The guy got what was coming to him. You run around a field and make a spectacle of yourself like that, what did he think was going to happen? Sure hope it gets thrown out as well.

Dobber Sports Icon

He deserved to get polished like that..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Padawan

lol deserved it

Dobber Sports Icon

He stepped in the ring. He got clocked.

Life decisions, kid - you made a bad one.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

From my knowledge of the Canadian legal system, he’s very very unlikely to win. This isn’t the states. Judges throw these common sense cases out.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm also on the common sense side as well. It's like the burglar falling through the window during a home burglary and landing on a knife and suing the homeowner for injury. I hope the "streaker" eats all the legal fees. Wasting people's time and resources to make a quick buck after being a complete idiot. Stupidity should not be rewarded.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Titan

I watched The Incredibles (first one) and kinda laughed because it's the same-ish idea.

Guys an idiot, but i'm also shocked it took this long for a streaker to do this. I hope he doesn't have brain injuries symptoms for his life though, that's pretty serious stuff he's claiming.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Mild traumatic brain injury = hangover???

Dobber Sports Jedi

if you've seen the hit - yes Young popped him good.. but secondly, Young didn't really pop him. it could have been so, so much worse if he really dropped his shoulder.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Is the guy an idiotic drunk? Definitely but, the players should not get involved with fans regardless of how idiotic they are unless their lives are in danger.

I didn't see any threat to the players and this is an issue for security which was obviously sleeping on the job. How could the guy be out there for that long with no sign of security? Also, would the big tough player have done the same to a female streaker? No. He probably would have hit her up for her number. I do hope this guy sues and wins. The punishment doesn't exactly fit the crime.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Is the guy an idiotic drunk? Definitely but, the players should not get involved with fans regardless of how idiotic they are unless their lives are in danger.

I didn't see any threat to the players and this is an issue for security which was obviously sleeping on the job. How could the guy be out there for that long with no sign of security? Also, would the big tough player have done the same to a female streaker? No. He probably would have hit her up for her number. I do hope this guy sues and wins. The punishment doesn't exactly fit the crime.
    did you see the security that did make it on the field? They were gassed just getting halfway from sideline to sideline.

Dobber Sports Titan

She goes up for a hug, she gets hugged
    He goes up for a hug, he gets concussed

#Equality

Please don't rip me apart on gender equality, it's clearly a joke.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If there was someone streaking around your office... and your security guard was not able to catch him... what would you do... just let the guy keep streaking around your office???

This is the CFL (The C stand for Canadian) and in Canada we are usually quite helpful... the player was just helping the security guard. Yes, the hit might have been a bit excessive... he could have just safely tackled him or grabbed on for a hug... but then he is endangering himself because the player does not know how the fan would react. And who is to say the streaker is not on drugs that make them extremely agressive or something.

If the streaker sues and wins... then the Lions should sue because they were pretty nice and supposedly let him off scotch-free for streaking. They felt the embarassment of getting rocked on National TV was enough. haha

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If there was someone streaking around your office... and your security guard was not able to catch him... what would you do... just let the guy keep streaking around your office???

This is the CFL (The C stand for Canadian) and in Canada we are usually quite helpful... the player was just helping the security guard. Yes, the hit might have been a bit excessive... he could have just safely tackled him or grabbed on for a hug... but then he is endangering himself because the player does not know how the fan would react. And who is to say the streaker is not on drugs that make them extremely agressive or something.

If the streaker sues and wins... then the Lions should sue because they were pretty nice and supposedly let him off scotch-free for streaking. They felt the embarassment of getting rocked on National TV was enough. haha
    I thought he was banned for a full season.