Thread: Talbot vs. Dubnyk next year and beyond? (Will REP where possible)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Talbot vs. Dubnyk next year and beyond? (Will REP where possible)

For league in sig.

With Vasi, Talbot and Dubnyk I'm basically carrying 3 tier 1 goalies and am looking to deal one of Talbot or Dubnyk for an upgrade on D and F, with Grubauer being part of the deal who I see as a solid #3, assuming he gets dealt which seems very likely. Have a hunch Lou will bring him over to the island. Goalies are extremely valuable in our league but since they are fickle and can be streaky I've found that it's not always the team with the best goalies that wins the league. Side note, the other GM's 2019 first round pick would also be included and he finished last this past season and his teams very young so he is likely to finish near the bottom again next year, which would give me a shot at Hughes.

All that to say, who would you keep for next year and beyond? Will rep where possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Talbot vs. Dubnyk next year and beyond? (Will REP where possible)

My Vote goes for keeping Talbot. I am very nervous that the Wild will start declining significantly, and I think that Edmonton's season last year was the small step backwards before a huge step forwards.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My Vote goes for keeping Talbot. I am very nervous that the Wild will start declining significantly, and I think that Edmonton's season last year was the small step backwards before a huge step forwards.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. As it stands the trade talks have been for Doobie but I threw Talbot out there to gauge interest. I watched a fair number of Oilers games last year and so many of the goals weren't Talbot's fault. Edmonton's D was just awful and he was hung out to dry on a nightly basis. Next year should be a bounce back season (hopefully).
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Monster

I'd prefer Dubnyk. Minnesota has shown more consistency throughout the years. Same with Dubnyk over Talbot for that matter.

Dobber Sports All-Star

[QUOTE=hockeypoolfanatic;1891946]Yeah I was thinking the same thing. As it stands the trade talks have been for Doobie but I threw Talbot out there to gauge interest. I watched a fair number of Oilers games last year and so many of the goals weren't Talbot's fault. Edmonton's D was just awful and he was hung out to dry on a nightly basis. Next year should be a bounce back season (hopefully).[/QUOTE

I agree that a lot of the goals weren't Talbot's fault and his defense totally hung him out to dry. My question is why would their defense change next season if the Edmonton defense has being doing that to their goalies for the last 35 years give or take.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I'd prefer Dubnyk. Minnesota has shown more consistency throughout the years. Same with Dubnyk over Talbot for that matter.
    I agree with this. Minnesota's system seems to work better, and I have less faith that the Oilers are going to suddenly become a good defensive team.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.