Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reputation

The Great One

Default Re: Reputation

One thing I will say for rep is that I tend to give a good bit of weight to people with high rep values to low post total counts. For example, a few people reached silver star rep in well less than 10000 total posts. That usually means they're both knowledgeable and stick to giving good advice, rather than just chiming in a lot. That's nothing against people who are active for other reasons of course.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    One thing I will say for rep is that I tend to give a good bit of weight to people with high rep values to low post total counts. For example, a few people reached silver star rep in well less than 10000 total posts. That usually means they're both knowledgeable and stick to giving good advice, rather than just chiming in a lot. That's nothing against people who are active for other reasons of course.
    I think I got mine at the 10 000 post mark.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Three pages into a thread discussing rep and it hasn’t yet turned into a debate on whether the whole system should be scrapped? The community has come a long way. Surprisingly, those debates got as emotionally charged as some political and moral topics debated around here.

Dobber Sports Monster

Anyone know when I'm going to get my silver star?

This is my rep point total so far

Latest Reputation Received (11863 point(s) total)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Anyone know when I'm going to get my silver star?

This is my rep point total so far

Latest Reputation Received (11863 point(s) total)
    I dunno about points - but you need your 4th bronze first, then refill the colour coded rep-bar

Dobber Sports Pro

I think the Rep counter is more a function of how long you've been on the site than anything else. But I certainly think that you're reputation as a poster in general is one of the most important things on these forums, and it only takes a few weeks of activity to establish that. There are a handful of guys that I know always give great, thoughtful posts. Pengwin, Jouko Pouko for example are 2 of my favorite posters. I'm sure they have high rep but I've never noticed their scores-- I just know I love what they share.

Dobber Sports Monster

Jouko is the real mvp when it comes to prospects. Has to be the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to prospects.

Dobber Sports Master

I like rep because you can send a kind message along with it...

That said, don't mistake rep for insight (points at own rep level knowingly)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by theblazingrookie View Post
    I have been here for a while and only now did I notice this rep power icon (yep, this is sad) on the upper right side of my discussions. May I ask what this is and what is its relevance?
    If I recall correctly, the Rep Power bar corresponds to the length of your pen-is in inches (1 bar per inch). Hence the need for two rows of rep bars for me...

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ive been negative repped when I disagreed with an Ottawa fan. Only time ever.
    Hey, me too.

Administrator

If you get a good mix of green, grey and red it makes a nice Christmas decor look

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

stuntman is very generous with his rep ; he even gave me rep on a post from 2oo7 a few days ago lol .

Dobber Sports Icon

I have the honour of being negative-repped by the Legend himself, the one & only Cobretti.

Wish I had it screencapped, I can't recall but I'm sure he had some pearls of wisdom for me in the comment.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    It's really not that relevant. I've seen a lot of really insightful posts come out of posters that only post once every few weeks or few months. During my time as a mod there were people blatantly rep boosting each other too. Don't really understand the point of that but to each his/her own.
    LOL, when I was a mod, I PM'd I think it was praba, and told him that I wanted to neg rep him massively - if he was okay with it. I think it was a different rep system back then and mods had unlimited rep cannons! I was able to turn his decently large positive rep to quite a negative one over short period. Sadly, hardly anyone noticed, so I ended up spending half an hour bringing his rep back up to where it was, plus a little for being such a good sport.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Jedi

I got positive rep from Rataylor not that long ago... I've been on here 3+ years... that's happened ONCE.