Thread: Only for the truly bored...rep to all.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Only for the truly bored...rep to all.

I've warned you.

I am going to try and make the most detailed post possible in order to get the best responses. My league is in my signature for the team I inherited this May. Apparently the guy had a good team but just got hit with injuries and his depth couldn't keep up to the tune of finishing 3rd last. Bright side, I have the 3rd overall pick this upcoming draft (June 28th). The problem with the June 28th draft date is I have to set my keepers prior to Dobber's projections coming out and FantasyHockeyGeek inputting the numbers into the money-making-machine that is their partnership. I have purchased Dobber's Ultimate Fantasy Hockey Pack and also FantasyHockeyGeek's services. Since I need to make some key decisions before I can just blindly follow their advice to a championship, I need your individual advice.

****I deleted a ton of info from this post after-the-fact as to not tip-off others in my league****

If I just do nothing else before I have to set my 8 keepers on July 12th, I'd probably be keeping Getzlaf. But why can't I seem to package Getzlaf, Kovalchuk and Talbot into an uber keeper? Team #2 could use keeper upgrades as well as Team #4 (who has Bishop as its final keeper.) Team #9 as well looks like it could use some help.

What can I offer?

These are the trade offers I have sent out as the keeper lock-in date comes closer:
    - Trade away Malkin and my 3rd overall for 2 1sts, 3 2nds, 2 3rds and 2 4ths. The reason I sent this is I don?t see my downgrade from Malkin as a keeper to either Kovalchuk or Talbot for me as being better than the depth of picks I would receive. One of the 1sts I asked for is for 2019-20 and Team #4 should be near the bottom this season.
    - Also with Team #4, he wants a Center he told me so I countered one of his offers with my Getzlaf, Jost and 3rd overall for his 1st, 3 2nds, 2 3rds and a 4th. I know he likes Jost.
    - My 3rd overall for the 10th overall and 2 2nds.
    - My Ovechkin for Necas, 3 1st rounders and a 4th.
    - My 3rd overall for Tolvanen and Mittlestadt
    - Trade with Team #2 (last place) my Hornqvist, Hoffman, 5th and 6th for his 1st next year and a 2nd.

I have the 3rd overall selection this season, but don?t want to use it on a prospect. I see prospects as sort of useless in this pool - Unless they would be good enough to break into the top 96 keepers after 82 games. Only the best prospects can do that in my opinion.

With the trades I already made, I?ve started to stockpile picks (but not as much as 2019-20). This year I have my 1st (3rd overall), 3rd, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 11, 11, 11, 12, 13, 13 and then 14-25th round.
    In 2019-20, I?m loaded as that is how quickly I thought I could fix my team. I have a 1st, 1st, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9 and then 10th round all the way to 25th.

If you are still awake, what can I do to improve my team, picks, keepers etc? Do you see any trade possibilities? Should I take back any current trade offers? Also, I?ve never played in H2H before, any tips as far as rosters deployment goes?

Thank you and I will rep everyone.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Only for the truly bored...rep to all.

Trade Quick and Hoffman for Hellebuyck. His team is brutal, sell him hard on Hoffman and ask why is he keeping Smith or Weber. He's better and you're better. Good deal.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Team 2 is your mark. No picks. Offer up 3 for 1s to get your upgrade. What does it matter especially if you ain't keeping them? Chances are he's not a good manager so you'll make him pay during the course of the league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sometimes leagues like this have tendencies towards wanting to keep guys/draft picks. You best bet in figuring out how to move forward may be going back through all of your league's trade history to get a sense of what trades worked in previous offseasons.

Pull the Ovie/Malkin deals and let the league know they are available. You'll get a much better return.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that team 2 seems weak, and he's a likely target for you to consolidate from.

It's very possible that you have been so active, that teams are leery of making mvoes right now, because you seem sharp. I agree that looking into history may help, and also letting folks know Malkin/Ovechkin are on the table.

You have some decent non-prospect options at 3, if I remember you other threads right. You also left out what you had for lunch.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You best bet in figuring out how to move forward may be going back through all of your league's trade history to get a sense of what trades worked in previous offseasons.
    ^ THIS a million times over. Every league and format changes player value. The transaction history is the best guide to getting a baseline of value in that league. You always want to have a good understanding of not only what you value players at but what others in your league value players at.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Trade Quick and Hoffman for Hellebuyck. His team is brutal, sell him hard on Hoffman and ask why is he keeping Smith or Weber. He's better and you're better. Good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Team 2 is your mark. No picks. Offer up 3 for 1s to get your upgrade. What does it matter especially if you ain't keeping them? Chances are he's not a good manager so you'll make him pay during the course of the league.
    I listened to both these posts and hit that owner with another offer of my Getzlaf, Kovalchuk, Quick, Hoffman and Hornqvist for his Hellebuyck, 2nd in 2018 and 1st in 2019. If accepted my keepers change from Getzlaf and Quick to Hellebuyck and Talbot and also gain two very valuable picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sometimes leagues like this have tendencies towards wanting to keep guys/draft picks. You best bet in figuring out how to move forward may be going back through all of your league's trade history to get a sense of what trades worked in previous offseasons.

Pull the Ovie/Malkin deals and let the league know they are available. You'll get a much better return.
    Unfortunately, the league switched platforms so I could only go back so far. I already did that though and that is how I pulled off aquiring John Carlson via trade.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I agree that team 2 seems weak, and he's a likely target for you to consolidate from.

It's very possible that you have been so active, that teams are leery of making mvoes right now, because you seem sharp. I agree that looking into history may help, and also letting folks know Malkin/Ovechkin are on the table.

You have some decent non-prospect options at 3, if I remember you other threads right. You also left out what you had for lunch.
    I’ve pulled the Ovechkin and Malkin deals off the table. Speaking of table, I’m enjoying 12 egg whites and steel-cut oats right now. My trade block is set.

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    ^ THIS a million times over. Every league and format changes player value. The transaction history is the best guide to getting a baseline of value in that league. You always want to have a good understanding of not only what you value players at but what others in your league value players at.
    Thank you. You’ve all been rep’d.