Thread: Trade Opinion

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade Opinion

Hello,

Another GM and I in my league are currently negotiating a trade which would see me give up my doughty and pietrangelo, which as you can see below are my best two d-men.

In return so far, the other GM has offered: Voracek, Marchessault, and McAvoy. I would like him to add Keller in order for me to be willing to accept, is this an unfair request on my behalf?

The other GM's forwards are as follows:

Mark Schiefele, Patrick Kane, Nikolaj Ehlers, Johnny Gaudreau, Sean Monohan, Filip Forsberg, Clayton Keller, Artemi Panarin, David Pastrnak, Claude Giroux, Johnathan Marchessault, Jakub Voracek, Nick Bjugstad, JT miller.

His farm forwards are: Sam Steel, Nick Suzuki, Kirill Kaprisov, Teuvo Teraveinen, and Anders Bjork.

Thus, my logic was that the forwards he is giving up aren't mission critical in his roster given the fact we only start 9 forwards. While I am giving up my two best defensemen that will most likely force me into a 2-3 year rebuild to allow my prospect D to grow to hopefully the same level as a doughty or Pietrangelo, thus I wanted Keller in as well.

Again though, I'm not looking to fleece the guy intentionally, so is this an unreasonable request?

Let me know your thoughts, thanks.
    10T H2H Weekly-20 man keep + farm
    Scoring: G(3), A(2), PPP/SHP(+1), GWG(+1Pt), SOG(0.2), Blk(0.2), Hit(0.1)
    9F/4D/2G Starting Format
    Roster Size: 20 man main/6 man farm(player<24yr+waivers at beginning of each season)
    Main Roster:
    F(15): Arvidsson, Barzal, Dubois, Ehlers, Marner, Sprong, Palmieri, Point, Larkin, Matthews, Tuch, Hischier, Eberle, Forsberg, Keller
    D(5): Ekblad, Mcavoy, Dumba, Sergachev, Theodore
    G(4): Hutton, Jones, Crawford, Murray

Farm Roster:
    F(2): Jordan Kyrou, Kailer Yamamoto,
    D(4): Thomas Chabot, Juuso Valimaki, Sam Steel, Jakub Chychrun

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Trade Opinion

The guy is absolutely loaded with young talent up front and is trying to trade you a question mark in Marchessault (who knows what Vegas looks like next season) and Voracek, who is very good but a little older. If he's going to decimate your blueline so badly that you're talking potential rebuild then make him pay through the nose.

Also can you start with just one trade and revisit the second later? I'd be hesitant to deal both of those guys in one swoop like that.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Genius

It does appear that you are moving towards a younger squad. In saying that, I would pass. Think you are giving up a little too much stability on the back end with a dress 4. IF Vora. was replaced with a younger forward, that would get me listening. If you were to make the original deal, I think you are in for a couple of tough seasons.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post

Also can you start with just one trade and revisit the second later? I'd be hesitant to deal both of those guys in one swoop like that.
    I agree that he has the forward depth to be fine with making a big move. I am able to deal just pietrangelo, however, the offer is dismal at Mcavoy + Voracek.

Almost seems more worth it to let him fleece me in the 2 Dman trade but atleast get a decent piece (Keller). This guy is a chronic hesitant trader - always doubts the trade and needs it in his favour.
    9F/4D/2G Starting Format
    Roster Size: 20 man main/6 man farm(player<24yr+waivers at beginning of each season)
    Main Roster:
    F(15): Arvidsson, Barzal, Dubois, Ehlers, Marner, Sprong, Palmieri, Point, Larkin, Matthews, Tuch, Hischier, Eberle, Forsberg, Keller

Farm Roster:

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    It does appear that you are moving towards a younger squad. In saying that, I would pass. Think you are giving up a little too much stability on the back end with a dress 4. IF Vora. was replaced with a younger forward, that would get me listening. If you were to make the original deal, I think you are in for a couple of tough seasons.
    I queried regarding the possibility of swapping out vora for a younger piece (Gaudreau/forsberg/pasta type guy) since he has like 7 of them. However, he says that it was his forwards that got him this far and he fears what he would give up in this trade would cause him to struggle from here on out. Doesn't seem like there's much worth in the trade for me...
    9F/4D/2G Starting Format
    Main Roster:

Farm Roster:

Dobber Sports Rookie

No way I do that unless he throws in keller or panarin walk with your chin held high
    Strictly points League (Goalies 2 for win extra one for shutout) (22 Keepers)
    Keeper league
    Roster:
    Frowards: Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Vladimir Tarasenko, Brayden Point, Viktor Arvidsson, Matt Duchene, Mike Hoffman, Nico Hischier, Anthony Mantha, Alex Killorn, Jonathan Drouin, Bo Horvat, Chris Kreider, Richard Panik ,

Charles Hudon

Goalies : Brian Elliott,Cory Schneider, Robin Lehner, Malcolm Subban

Defense : Ryan Ellis, Jaccob Slavin, Dion Phaneuf, Damon Severson, Jan Rutta, Derek Forbort, Shea Theodore, Arron Ekblad, Shayne Gothisbere

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomecup View Post
    No way I do that unless he throws in keller or panarin walk with your chin held high
    ^ Yup, what he said.

He has to give to get. He doesn't want to give up good players but he's fine with gutting your blueline and forcing you into a likely rebuild. He wants to have his cake and eat it too and it's not fair to you. If it's Keller you want hold your ground
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    ^ Yup, what he said.

He has to give to get. He doesn't want to give up good players but he's fine with gutting your blueline and forcing you into a likely rebuild. He wants to have his cake and eat it too and it's not fair to you. If it's Keller you want hold your ground
    So if I could get Marchessault Mcavoy and sub in keller for Voracek - you think that's good? I was hoping to get March Mc Vora and Keller but again, I don't want to fleece the guy I just don't want to be fleeced myself haha.
    9F/4D/2G Starting Format
    Main Roster:

Farm Roster:

Dobber Sports Jedi

what other young D does he have? perhaps getting a 2nd D back making it a 4-2 deal is a smarter way to go. And yes I would swap keller for Vora
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    what other young D does he have? perhaps getting a 2nd D back making it a 4-2 deal is a smarter way to go. And yes I would swap keller for Vora
    His other D are as follows: Ghostibhere, OEL, Yandle, Krug, Hamilton
    9F/4D/2G Starting Format
    Main Roster:

Farm Roster:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Tbulmz View Post
    So if I could get Marchessault Mcavoy and sub in keller for Voracek - you think that's good? I was hoping to get March Mc Vora and Keller but again, I don't want to fleece the guy I just don't want to be fleeced myself haha.
    I like this. No issues here.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I like this. No issues here.
    Can't say I disagree with this. If there's a D prospect to be had, perhaps see if you can add that? But I worry less about Marchessault regressing than Wild Bill or Reilly Smith next year. And well, I'm as high on Keller as anyone around these here Dobber parts. He's going spend his fair share of seasons in the top 10 in scoring. With as young as your team is, subbing Voracek for Keller really puts you in a strong position to compete for years to come. Chabot, Sergachev, Theodore, McAvoy, Dumba is a really strong - up and coming D core.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I'd still want more than just subbing Voracek for Keller...heck, that could even be a downgrade in the very short-term. I'd at least ask for a pick back, and sell up the fact that you haven't targeted any of his other young-guns.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's trying to rip you off, and it's working. Stop worrying about what's fair for him. He's loaded on D already, honestly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'd still want more than just subbing Voracek for Keller...heck, that could even be a downgrade in the very short-term. I'd at least ask for a pick back, and sell up the fact that you haven't targeted any of his other young-guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    He's trying to rip you off, and it's working. Stop worrying about what's fair for him. He's loaded on D already, honestly.
    Based on this,

I'm thinking I counter with Doughty Pietrangelo for Marchessault, Keller, Mcavoy, and one of Voracek or Ehlers.

I could throw in someone like ROR since I need the space anyways but I feel he wouldn't value him at all.
    9F/4D/2G Starting Format
    Main Roster:

Farm Roster: