Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [RUMOUR] CLB Shopping Panarin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [RUMOUR] CLB Shopping Panarin

According to Aaron Portzline at the Athletic Panarin has re-affirmed that he will not enter into contract negotiations during the season. Portz expects him to be moved in the near future.

Artemi Panarin declines to talk contract extension with Blue Jackets before trade deadline, will likely be traded

from Panarin's agent

Statement about Artemi Panarin’s future “We have informed the team that we are willing to discuss Artemi’s future after the season. Our priority now is to focus on the rest of the season, trying to win a Stanley Cup for the CBJ & their fans”. No additional comments will be made..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Would love to see him in a Habs sweater.

Poheling or Suzuki & Lehkonen or Hudon & CLB's 2019 2nd (owned by MTL) for an extended Panarin?
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Pro

Panarin will go to the Rangers, and, like every fantasy star in NHL history that has done that before him, his fantasy value will decrease.

Dobber Sports All-Star

But, he is going to Toronto. Where all pending UFA's are rumored to go.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he stays. Seems he's just not wanted to discuss a contract until this one is up. This is likely more media driven than it needs to be. I'm sure Columbus has a better idea than the media does.

he's not going to Toronto, They're about to drop 20m on Marner & Matthews. That'll pretty much kick their chances of signing anyone major in the junk.

I think anyone that trades for Panarin will be acquiring a rental. He has no intention of signing or discussing a contract with anyone until the season is over.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think anyone that trades for Panarin will be acquiring a rental. He has no intention of signing or discussing a contract with anyone until the season is over.
    This could well be true. Which is a double kick in the pants for CBJ as it likely decreases his trade value a bit too.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if he stays. Seems he's just not wanted to discuss a contract until this one is up. This is likely more media driven than it needs to be. I'm sure Columbus has a better idea than the media does.

he's not going to Toronto, They're about to drop 20m on Marner & Matthews. That'll pretty much kick their chances of signing anyone major in the junk.

Oh I know, but its tradition around these parts. lol

Columbus needs to do everything they can to keep him there. They need to move Wennberg. He is a mess in Columbus but can flourish elsewhere, and maybe it is time to change the coach. This team has some very good parts and should be better.

Dobber Sports Pro

I wish more NHL players just said "I am going to go to UFA" instead of signing deals / being told they are being mean to the team by expressing their right to go to UFA. It would make the off season much more interesting.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I wish more NHL players just said "I am going to go to UFA" instead of signing deals / being told they are being mean to the team by expressing their right to go to UFA. It would make the off season much more interesting.
    The amount of grief Panarin has taken since giving ample notice and making it clear he would not negotiate during the season and being entirely consistent in that regard is a prime example of why most players just generally tell people what they want to hear and then leave when able to.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    We do have to remember that most NHL players (those not named Jimmy Vesey & few other examples), don't get to pick the first team or two they play for.
    They get drafted, they get traded, for their 6-7 years through RFA - they play on the team that owns them.
    Panarin was undrafted, then signed with CHI (true), but maybe instantly just didn't feel loved there - and then CHI moved him upon learning his contract demands.

For some guys, especially foreigners, I think they really yearn for a lockerroom where they feel comfortable.
    And CBJ - it's pretty much a North American team, save for Bobrovsky - who - is a goalie... and goalies are just fuggin weird and nobody in their right mind hangs out with a goalie!

So... I don't hold it against Panarin that he may simply have a lifelong dream of playing alongside Ovechkin... or Malkin... or Tarasenko.
    Who knows.

People can sometimes snootify the player as not being willing to negotiate - but maybe he just wants to pick his team.
    I mean, could any of you imagine coming out of college and some company signing you up... but you don't get to choose.
    After 6-7 years of being forced to work for a company, you might like that company... and you might say "Listen, I have a company I really want to work for."

I don't think this is much about the money.
    I think Panarin just is looking forward to his chance to choose in 2019... and he's probably conveyed that desire to CBJ.
    In fairness to CBJ, once told - they're going to flip him for whatever assets they can.

But - nothing wrong with Panarin here.
    Yeah, maybe nothing wrong with Panarin here, but I'm going to challenge the wrongness of using a non-word and declare your entire post null and void. Sorry P7, those are the rules (it's in the very, very fine print of the user agreement) - GMTC (Grammar Nazi The Comish)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

CBJ fans started to boo Panarin last night, and it wasn't because of his play (2 assists). That's the way to get your star player to resign with you! Boo him till he signs his next contract.... with another team.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, maybe nothing wrong with Panarin here, but I'm going to challenge the wrongness of using a non-word and declare your entire post null and void. Sorry P7, those are the rules (it's in the very, very fine print of the user agreement) - GMTC (Grammar Nazi The Comish)
    You mean, GNTC, right? Hypocrite!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    CBJ fans started to boo Panarin last night, and it wasn't because of his play (2 assists). That's the way to get your star player to resign with you! Boo him till he signs his next contract.... with another team.
    No shit. Fans are not helping their own cause here. Booing Panarin. Dumb.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Let's be honest though, does anyone want to play for the Blue Jackets? Between the subar location (sorry Ohio) and playing for a coach that a lot of players tend to despise, it's a horrible draw for top talent.

And the fact that their fans boo their own players in circumstances like this certainly doesn't help build up the reputation of the fanbase.

Sidenote: I've met tons of hockey fans from tons of different walks of life, and I can confidently say I've NEVER met a Blue Jackets fan. Maybe a casual "I live in Ohio and support local teams" fan but not a true blue fan. I've only seen them when they've been a visiting team at games I've attended and even then they don't have much. It makes it really hard to build any sort of lore for the franchise IMO.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Let's be honest though, does anyone want to play for the Blue Jackets? Between the subar location (sorry Ohio) and playing for a coach that a lot of players tend to despise, it's a horrible draw for top talent.

And the fact that their fans boo their own players in circumstances like this certainly doesn't help build up the reputation of the fanbase.

Sidenote: I've met tons of hockey fans from tons of different walks of life, and I can confidently say I've NEVER met a Blue Jackets fan. Maybe a casual "I live in Ohio and support local teams" fan but not a true blue fan. I've only seen them when they've been a visiting team at games I've attended and even then they don't have much. It makes it really hard to build any sort of lore for the franchise IMO.
    Winning would change that. There was a lot of support the last couple of years when they had 108 and 97 points. The fans have a reason to be dissapointed with Panarin. This team seemed to be on the verge and now that things aren't working out, it seems like he won't be back. May actually work out better for Columbus if they traded him considering they didn't give up much to get him. Either way it would be a upgrade over Saad.