W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: [RUMOUR] CLB Shopping Panarin

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm thinking you are probably wrong here.
    Every GM with half-a-brain is at least discussing long-term contracts with their best players.

In fairness... you don't know for sure and I also don't know for sure.
    I can only take what Bowman has said and what beat writers and sources have reported. This isn't my opinion. When the Hawks traded Panarin, Saad had 4 years and Panarin had 2 years coming at 6 M. Bowman cited cost-certainty as part of the reason for the trade. After 2 seasons in Chicago at a little under a 1 pt/game rate, everyone knew Panarin's future contract was going to be over 8 M. So I am not sure if it was a conversation over a future contract 2 years before his soon-to-begin contract expired or just the understanding of what a player like Panarin was going to cost which helped spur on the trade. But I do know that it is mere speculation to state that Chicago traded him last June after not liking the conversation they had with Panarin about his next contract in 2 years.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

sounds familiar

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    sounds familiar
    Stamkos?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Trade him to the Wild, he can convince Kaprizov to come over once his deal is over, and I can spit in my fellow GM's faces when KK scores 120 points!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

A few interesting things from the Athletic. Last week it was reported: "It is widely accepted that Panarin would be open to staying in Columbus, that the Blue Jackets will offer him an eight-year contract and that the deal will get done." (Swing and a miss, I guess).

Also, an absolutely out-of-this-world story from April that gives an account of Panarin's early life in Russia. Kid grew up dirt poor, playing with worn out equipment that didn't fit him. His stakes didn't have laces; his grandfather used rope. Back in April, Panarin told the Athletic he was willing to talk an extension this summer, said he was comfortable in Columbus, and was fond of Tortorella and his teammates. Also said about his contract: "For me, it's not all about the money. I want the things that money can't buy. But don't tell the general manager this!"

Not sure what happened between April and June. Hope the Blue Jackets are able to re-sign him; great player.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is being blown out of proportion IMO. He doesn't want to negotiate right this minute and is under zero obligation to do so, he probably wants to wait to see what the market establishes for big fish like Tavares and in the meantime put up a good contract year to maximize his value for next summer.

CBJ will have cap space and I bet they'll pay him whatever number he comes up with because he's arguably the best player they've ever had. He just wants more time to establish what that number will be as is his right.

And hey at least he said something now instead of blindsiding the team after its too late.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    This is being blown out of proportion IMO. He doesn't want to negotiate right this minute and is under zero obligation to do so, he probably wants to wait to see what the market establishes for big fish like Tavares and in the meantime put up a good contract year to maximize his value for next summer.

CBJ will have cap space and I bet they'll pay him whatever number he comes up with because he's arguably the best player they've ever had. He just wants more time to establish what that number will be as is his right.

And hey at least he said something now instead of blindsiding the team after its too late.
    Agree with this 100%.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think the most interesting thing about this is that it hit the media, and especially that it's Friedman reporting it.
    Normally I take rumours in the summer with a grain of salt, but Friedman is not the type to report something just for clicks/follows.

I think teams are always going to listen to offers on players, it helps gauge value and it's in their teams best interest.
    And it's not surprising that an elite player that's about to be a UFA is going to wait and see what his value is on the open market.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

Most players DON'T sign an extension on July 1 with a full year left on their contracts, especially stars. They wait. See Tavares, Stamkos, Sedins, Hedman, list goes on.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Most players DON'T sign an extension on July 1 with a full year left on their contracts, especially stars. They wait. See Tavares, Stamkos, Sedins, Hedman, list goes on.
    Plus, because of his unique career path to the NHL and the age he will be by the time next summer rolls around (27 yrs old) this is Panarin's one big shot to get a massive deal while he's still in his prime.

If he can flirt with another 75-80pt season that would make it four straight seasons of 74+ points since entering the NHL and in all likelihood a deal as rich as 8x$10M. It would be a fair deal too for everything he brings to the team.

Like Eminem said if you had one shot, or one opportunity, to eat mom's spaghetti... (or something like that, lol). Breadman doesn't hate the team he just wants a lot of spaghetti

Dobber Sports All-Star

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Padawan

i think he stays ... seems like a good fit there

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dobber Sports Wizard

20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

dude shut up , it was a site error
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post