Thread: Andrei Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Andrei Svechnikov

Sell me on him. I've been trying to trade up to pick him in the draft in my signature. Assuming he goes to Carolina, is he going to play this year, and if so what should I expect? What about the next 3-4 years and beyond? Is he going to be a perennial 35-40 goal scorer with 70-80 points? What about peripherals, I've heard he hits and puts up PIMs, but how much do you think that will translate into the NHL? I also have Necas, and that seems like a potentially deadly duo to have down the road.

I've had trade discussions with the GM that has the 2nd overall pick for probably 6 weeks. We've gone back and forth a ton with so many trade combinations, and now this GM wants Boeser involved, which I am not too keen on. Before I go any further down this rabbit hole I want to hear some more opinions on Svechnikov coming from a fantasy slant.
    10 team, 13 category head to head, 30 skaters, 3 goalies, keep 5 prospects. Dress 12 forwards, 6 D and 2 goalies each week.

FWG, FWA, DG, DA, GWG+SO winners, Blocks, hits, PIMs, STG, STA, GAA, S%, Wins

Forwards
    Seguin, Tavares, Monahan, Zibanejad, Panarin, Sheary, Athanasiou, J. Staal, Larkin, van Reimsdyk, Bennett, Marchessault, Gallagher, Tierney, Boeser, Keller, Vrana
    Defence
    Ristolainen, Ekman-Larsson, Dumba, Ellis, Provorov, Klefbom, Matheson, Sergachev, Girard
    Goalies
    Columbus, Minnesota, Winnipeg
    Prospects
    Chytil, Necas, Yamamoto, Valimaki, Liljegren

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Andrei Svechnikov

I think all you really need to do is look at any scouting report on Svechkinov - the reviews are raving. While there are never guarantees, Svechnikov projects to be a 30 goal winger with PPG potential in the NHL. That might take 3-4 years, who knows? He could surprise and make a major impact right out of the gate, although unlikely. That said, Boeser looks like a flat-out stud with 40 goal potential. He has a proven NHL rocket and release, and he'll soon likely be playing with a puck wizard like Pettersson, which will only help him. I don't like the Boeser piece going out the door, but that's me.

Dobber Sports Jedi

just look at all the hype around pettersson & mittelstadt right now... if Svech were in that draft last year at 17, he`s 1st overall, period. then there`s a sizeable gap down to Hischier. At his peak, 90pts isn`t unreasonable
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

From what I've seen/read Svechnikov has the higher upside. Boeser has had a solid start to his career and has proven he can bury the puck as fung mentioned. I would stick with the Boeser side unless there is more involved that you would need to share so we can see the full deal.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Veteran

With all the work you're dedicating to getting Svech I hope you have a guarantee the guy with the 1st overall pick isn't going to grab him.

Dobber Sports Genius

TSN's Button mentioned the other night that there is a sizable gap between him (slotted in after Dahlin) and numbers 3 and 4 talent wise. From what I hear, he is NHL ready. If it's Car. there would be room in their top 6 for him.

I wouldn't move Boeser at all.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.