Thread: Jimmy Vesey

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jimmy Vesey

Hello guys I wanted your thoughts on Jimmy Vesey. Do you guys think he takes another step next season and increases his production playing 2nd line? Or do you think he will be a 3rd line guy , 30-35 pts per season.

thanks!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Jimmy Vesey

I think there's a better chance he's traded than he sees 40pts as a Ranger
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I think this is a very tough call, given that he needs to be re-signed, the player turnover in NY at the deadline, and the Rangers are bringing in a new coach for next year. Just so many variables. Sorry, wish I had something more insightful...but even the Rangers writers and guys on the Athletic are not really making any predictions about him for next year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he's a middle six six guy, but I think he ends up elsewhere, most likely. If he was viewed as a core piece, he'd be resolved by now, so he's not a core piece.

They have a lot of options there, and they traded for some of them, like Spooner and Namestnikov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What a bad move from his part to go to NY
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Genius

Be safe and peg him for 30-35 with a shot at 40. Abysmal assist totals in his last two seasons (11 each). Good news is he is shooting more - 20 more this past season. I think he turns out to be a poor man's Kreider.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Vesey will be somewhere between 30-40 for the rest of his career. Typical over-hyped college free agent who I believe has hit his ceiling.