Thread: Cap league trades so far

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Cap league trades so far

Hey guys,

It's been a very active pre-season so far in our cap league! There have been around 8 trades in the last 2 days since opening the league up haha I may have overpaid for some, but I'm OK with that. Some managers think they need to "win" every trade, but I view all my trades as wins considering I landed all the targets I wanted. Without too much detail, below is what went out and what came in for me. THOUGHTS?
    *NOTE* I had 4 picks (1st,2nd,3rd,4th) that I acquired last season by trading Boeser.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, Hits, Blks, Pims

OUT

Sergachev (might be a crazy move, but it landed me the 5th overall this year which I'm hoping to flip+ picks to try and get the 1st overall)
    Trocheck (This one hurt, but I'll survive)
    Landeskog (picked him up off the waivers last year, free money imo)
    1st
    1st
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    4th
    5th
    7th

IN
    Pierre Luc Dubois (needed a young multi cat talent with C,LW eligibility)
    Pastrnak (needed an elite RW)
    Pulock (wanted a young defender with a lot of promise who pairs nicely with my Barzal)
    Hannifin (with the trade buzz circulating, I wanted to land him now than waiting to see where he landed)
    1st (5th overall)
    1st
    2nd
    3rd

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Cap league trades so far

Easiest way to me to break this down is to separate what I can into equal-ish piles then see which side the remainder is on (also am assuming the league size is 16-20 to value the picks). As such (left side went out, right came in):

Serg+Trocheck=Pastrnak+Poluck+2nd+3rd
    Landeskog+5th=Dubois+1st (5th)
    1st = 1st
    1st+2nd+4th+4th=Hannifin
    7th left over on your side

So the way that I see it value wise, you lost a 7th pick of value, so not much and without knowing the rest of your team it very well could have fixed some holes in your roster that makes it better for you
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

I like your breakdown!

My team is

Cs
    MacKinnon, ROR, Barzal, Backlund, Henrique

LWs
    Dubois, Haley, Hartman, Konecny

RWs
    Pastrnak, Ryan, Riley Nash

Ds
    OEL, Faulk, Risto, McAvoy, Hanifin and Nurse

Gs
    Dubnyuk and Smith

Minors
    Borgstrom, Kaprizov, Steel, Samsanov and Demko

My plan is to only draft Wingers this year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In that case I feel like you come out ahead (assuming Dubois doesn't lose LW eligibility). I don't love giving up Landeskog with how light you are on wingers but if that was in either of moves to get Dubois or Pastrnak it's ok.

If I were you though, I'd try to move OEL, Hanifin or another defenseman to try to improve on RW.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Titan

Unless the two 1sts that you sent out were very late ones, I'm going to cancel out all the picks because it seems pretty similar there.

As for the skaters, in two years, this looks very even, however the big win is the two more years that Dubois has on his ELC. For that reason alone, I'll give you the slight win.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

+1 to EB's response.

I would have been curious to see each trade laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    +1 to EB's response.

I would have been curious to see each trade laid out.
    Hey fair point. Below are the trades. It all started last year before the playoffs when I traded Boeser for a managers 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th round picks (10th overall in 12)
    The main goal of my trades was to get a star RW, solidify my D so I don't need to draft any and to get into the top 5 overall picks this year. We keep 18 of 25, so it's only 7 rounds in the draft each year.

A)
    OUT
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 2
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 4
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 7
    IN
    Hanifin, Noah D - CAR

B)
    OUT
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 1
    IN
    Pulock, Ryan D

C)
    OUT
    Landeskog, Gabriel
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 3
    IN
    Pastrnak, David RW

D)
    OUT
    Trocheck, Vincent
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 5
    IN
    Dubois, Pierre-Luc
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 1
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 3

E)
    OUT
    Sergachev,
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 1
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 4
    IN
    2018 Draft Pick, Round 1 (5th overall)

Dobber Sports Titan

C and D were absolute Wins. The other three are close to even.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    C and D were absolute Wins. The other three are close to even.
    Cheers! I appreciate the feedback

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Cheers! I appreciate the feedback
    I will be THAT guy, and suggest that you re-post after the draft so that we can see who was chosen with each pick!

For example, Ryan Pulock for "1st Round pick". I don't know how many teams are in your league, so it's 18 keepers x (unknown number of teams) = I have no idea how good the "dropped" pool is. And if the 1st round pick will be used on this crop of rookies, I like this deal if the pick is 11 or higher. If it's 10 or lower, then it gets interesting depending on just how good of a pick it is.

Like EB, I love deal C. Deal E - harder to say because Trocheck is very good in your format. Dubois has great upside, so those picks can really swing things. But as noted above, it's very difficult knowing how to value your picks without knowing the size of your league.

Would be fun to see your deals once your draft is done.

And last but not least - you are happy with your trades and are enjoying your team. That's a win right there.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I will be THAT guy, and suggest that you re-post after the draft so that we can see who was chosen with each pick!

For example, Ryan Pulock for "1st Round pick". I don't know how many teams are in your league, so it's 18 keepers x (unknown number of teams) = I have no idea how good the "dropped" pool is. And if the 1st round pick will be used on this crop of rookies, I like this deal if the pick is 11 or higher. If it's 10 or lower, then it gets interesting depending on just how good of a pick it is.

Like EB, I love deal C. Deal E - harder to say because Trocheck is very good in your format. Dubois has great upside, so those picks can really swing things. But as noted above, it's very difficult knowing how to value your picks without knowing the size of your league.

Would be fun to see your deals once your draft is done.

And last but not least - you are happy with your trades and are enjoying your team. That's a win right there.
    I'm in the same league as Starvin Marvin and was actually the guy who traded PLD for Trocheck. I like the length of his contract and his multi-cat value for our settings.

Win or lose, the activity in this league has been awesome so far! We are now up to 17 trades in a 12 team league and we haven't even drafted yet! Hahaha
    10 TEAM FANTRAX LEAGUE (Salary Cap)
    23 Man Roster (Keep 16) + 12 Minors

G, A, PIM, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, TK, FOW
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Tavares, Pettersson, Bergeron, Dubois, Trocheck, Gaudette
    RW: J. Anderson, Coleman, Garland, Puljujarvi, Hoglander
    LW: Tkachuck, Miller, Goodrow, Mangiapane
    D: McAvoy, DeAngelo, Krug, Borowiecki, Gustafsson, Lindgren
    G: Shesterkin, Samsonov

Minors: Kahkonen, Sandin, Jarvis, Rasmussen, Elvenes, Abramov, Morin, Brisson, Clague, Gilbert, Hoglander, Timmins
    IR: Kucherov